General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I would say try Majorca, it's very popular and only a short flight. There are so many resorts to choose from and I think the only way you can decide is to review them and see which one seems best suited to the 3 of you. You'll find them by clicking on this link
hope that's some help :D
hi, I agree, you cant beat majorca for family friendly holidays. and flight time isnt too bad, considering youngest willbe on your lap. we stayed in ca'an picafort, which was lovely , very close to alcudia. friend s have recommended to me sa coma which looks lovely, pre book as much stuff as you can, it saves lugging everything around with you.
I've stayed in Sa Coma but found it a little too British for my liking but I know that suits others :D I'm doing Puerto Pollensa this year which is said to be very relaxing and good for families but I can't give you a personal opinion on it as it's my first time there.
Haven't been yet but Menorca is supposed to be very good for young families - mine are probably going to be too old : :?
Menorca is ideal for young families. Very quiet and peaceful with not that many teenagers.
Menorca is very child friendly and cater for them very well, always lots of children there and also known as buggy island, when you go for a meal at night the buggies are all lined up outside the restraunts
I have the same concern we have had to cancel out hol this yr due to arrival of an unexpected stork delivery so hope to go away again next year with our then 16mnth old. 3yr old and two 16yr olds.
I agree that a short haul will be a better idea as the four of us will be squashed into 3 seats and myself and husb are both tall!!

The problem I am having is trying to meet the needs of all ages. I had thought of a family sun kind of place similar to the packages offered by Thomsons that has clubs that 3yr old can attend but am concerned about the older 2 one of which will be nearly 17- any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
(PS we were going to go to Puerto Pollensa this yr with just our toddler)
we have had to cancel our hol this yr due to arrival of an unexpected stork delivery
:lol: That happened to my friend last year, she had to swap 2 weeks in Benidorm for a week in a caravan in Rhyl :?
We've booked the San Miguel Hotel and Beach Club in Ibiza with Thomsons for next summer, my kids will be 14 and 17 and it's well advertised for having activities for all ages, from little'uns right up to teenagers and of course hyperactive mums and dads too! It's right on the beach, although the resort itself is quiet, everything goes on around the hotel.
we went there to cyberspace!! kids then were 13 and 16 and they loved it.
thanks it looks great have just priced it at a whopping £2700 may take a little work to convince my other half
that seems well steep....
said it in another post about Majorca and Bonaire apts. Couldn't do enough for us when we was there, the food is excellent and the accomodation is also very good. Try searching on Thomsons and price it up and see what you think, plus only a 2 hour flight from Manchester and then an hour transfer from the airport.
I would definitely say menorca. We have been going there since ours were babies and are now 8 and 11.

Arenal d'en castell is perfect, a small resort around a horseshoe bay, sandy beach and very shallow.

1 hotel for families - aguamarina, 1 adults only, and the rest is self catering in villas or apartments, but you can pay to have b&b or half board.

A soft play area for in the evenings at coves noves.

You cant beat it!!!!!!
thanks it looks great have just priced it at a whopping £2700 may take a little work to convince my other half
trina - try pricing it with Portland, they're the same company as Thomson but you book direct with them instead of through a travel agent, it may come out a bit cheaper. There's a good discussion on the hotel/resort on the Ibiza forum HERE with some tips for booking direct with hotel.
If you like the sound of majorca try porto colom, i went back 5 times between the ages of 2 and 9, its a brilliant place for a family holiday and my boyfriend and i are trying to save enough to go there next year!
just priced up with portland and it came in at £2206.00
That's a good saving trina - almost £500 :wink: Well worth thinking about.
Hi
Why not try the south of france?

If you'd like anymore info give us a call
Mandy

*Edit to remove advertising link. Please use the PRIVATE RENTALS FORUM or the CARAVAN RENTALS TOPIC if you'd like to advertise your property. Thanks. Pippy*
thanks for all your advise we have now had a complete change of plan.
My eldest daughter and myself are now off to Kalamaki next May and then the whole family are going to Dorset for a week in early Sept.
We discussed all the options and these 2 options will cost us about the same overall.
My husb doesnt really like hols abroad whereas my 15yr old and I adore them!!. So he has agreed to look after the youngest for a week, he does go away for long weekends quite often- he is madly into his music (rockabilly) so disappears to Hemsby and Camber Sands!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.