Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi all I'm back
12 Posts
hi..wiz.pleased you had a great holiday ...........are you glad to be back at work yet......... :lol: :lol: :lol: ......
regards.......john-doe........
are you glad to be back at work yet

are you jesting......... i got up for work to 8deg and tipping rain :cry:

what do you think.. dont answer just send enough cash for two more flights out for this weekend :lol:
hi.....wiz.......just look on the bright side mate..........i go on holiday on thursday....... :roll: :lol: :lol: .
regards.again..........john-doe......
Glad you had a great time time Brian. I really liked Halikidiki.

And like John, we too are off on holiday on Monday (Portugal) - sorry mate! :D
Good morning and wellcome back

I'm sure you had a great time in Chalkidiki, so I will not ask how your holidays was.
But, I will ask if the URL regarding Chalkidiki was helpfull & if you did visit Petralona Cave

Spyros
Skyllis

Kalispera filio

yes the link and info were great but, unfortunately the wife wasn't up to doing the caves [ not been well lately]. however it is on my list of things to do next time we are in that area, we spent our time around the Hotel and local resorts just chilling out i think i may qualify as an honorary Greek as after 2 days i had lost track of what day/time it was, the wife said if i got any more laid back i would be permanently horizontal

Brian
lolololol..........Brian

Before we test you on qualification for been honorary Greek you have to pass the Cretian custom called "koupa" (koupa = the big water-glass) which is something like this......

Imagine a bunch of friends ( in Crete ), eating & drinking wine at a local Taverna when they all agree to drink following this custom. They ask for water glasses, they fill them to the top with wine and the first to start it rises his glass and says "I call Brian to drink with me in the name of "koupa" custom. You have to stand up and follow him drinking the whole glass of the wine. When you both have finished, the first guy sits down and you have to call someone else, i.e. me. So, you call me: "I call Spyros to drink with me in the name of "koupa" custom" and I must respond the same way. The funny thing here is that there is no any order to whom you will call, so, I may call the first guy who start it!
Every time is your turn you drink 2 full glasses of wine, 1/2 of a kilo!

If you can join and at the end of the night be able to walk........then, not only you wiil be Honorary Greek but a Cretian one.........lolololol

My sympathy to your wife
Spyros
don't know if i would survive but when on Kritty a few years back i found a nice wine and did my best to run the hotel stock out [ but failed miserably]
it was produced by A.U.A Kissamos,Kritty and a loverly drop of red it was too. as long as i don't have to drink ouzo or retsina [cant stand the taste of either] I'm always up for a challenge :glynis

Brian
snapshots of the hotel we stoped at are now in the gallery

brian
Hi wiz glad you had a great time in Halkidiki , we've been 3 times but stay in Hanioti.
Just thought I would mention that most people know it as Halkidiki as the C is silent and the Greeks dont really do constanants.
There is a photo album already for Halkidiki in case you were unaware of this , so I dont know whether you want to combine your pics with them or leave it as they are.
dave dose the photo album, as they are all of the same hotel a seperate one wont hurt... if the english could lern to spell there would not be a problem

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.