Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Shirley it would depend on which area you prefer?? Osborne is quite an acceptable hotel but I reckon the Highland beats it purely for the fact that it's newer and in a better location for all amenities.

GFF xx
we have reviews for both here :D
Hi Shirley

We stayed at the Highland 4 years ago, it's a nice hotel in a great location, very central and within walking distance to all the restaurants and bars. We actually prefer staying in the smaller hotels, the Highland has developed into a very large complex now, but we would have no hesitation staying there again if we got a good deal.

Debs
The Highland every time,stayed at both
ann
i stayed at the highland beach last year and wouldnt hesitate to do so again. This year im staying at the Osbourne just for a change of scenery and will let you know my preference when i get home first week in April.
Thankyou Billy Bluenose I would appreciate your comments when you return , I always think it's great to hear from people who have stayed at both, enjoy you trip , love shirleyv :)
I am staying at the Osborne in April aswell. Will post a trip report when I am back.
booked this hotel on hb option what are restaurant like and can you use it for lunch. any one got info on which part to stop in and any other info. going at xmas and new year what are gala dinners like. thanks
we have stayed at both. I do think the highland beach is better than the osborne in appearance, probably because it is newer and has a spa and gym etc. the osbourne is older and the accomodation is much more basic , but we are going back to the osbourne in December as we prefer the location of it, but I would heartily recommend either. The service is excellent in both hotels.
Myself, hubby and my son have just had 2 weeks at phase 2 Osborne. We thought it was great, the bar staff were lovely, Chris the waiter brought us coffee to our room in the morning when he saw that we were up. That was a nice touch. The pool is small but adequate. The food is ok too, but as there are literally tons of places to eat elsewhere we rarely ate at the hotel.
Thanks Haddojetty, sounds like the Osbourne is very friendly which always appeals to me, we were at the Silver Sands in December and that was very friendly, the only thing I have against the HB is that it may have become too large, thanks for the info I must decide soon as hoping to book in the next few days, shirleyv
At the Osborne they have a theme every night for the meal, it may be the Indian night/BBQ/Chinese etc. This is ok but the bar/waiting staff do tend to annoy you asking if you want to come. The cost is 300rs per head (kids free) and if you say yes they give you the voucher, then they get 50rs for getting you to come. So it got a bit wearing after a while being asked every day.
Just returned from the Osborne and the only complaint i would have is what Haddojetty has mentioned about the waiters pestering you to eat at the hotel at night. I cant really choose between the HB or the Osborne and would be happy to stay at either in the future.My wife would prefer the HB but this is purely because she prefers Candolim. I too stayyed in Phase 2 and would recomend this phase if you want A/C. All the staff were very friendly but i cant comment onthe food as we ate out every night.
Thanks Billy , have just sent you a pm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not got it yet Shirly but will reply when it arrives
Sorry Billy maybe I forgot to press submit or something silly like that :oops: I was only asking how you liked the hotel anyway and then I saw this thread, so thanks for adding to it.
Surprised you say you would not like to choose between the HB or Osborne, I thought that the HB would be much 'posher' , if that exists in Goa, I am only concerned with cleanliness don't mind basic at all.
Is the Osborne friendly would you say?
Ta very much Billy.
Highland Beach - no comparison.
yes the Osbourne is very friendly. It is basic but show me somewhere in Goa that isnt. The rooms are kept very clean aswell. I would and probably will use one or the other in the future.
Hello Shirley, I have stayed at the Highland twice. We were there for this years New Year. We stayed in a new apartment that was quite luxurious.Everything was clean. There is a lot of building work going on but I cant say as it bothered us at all. The only thing we were disappointed about were the lack of service around the pools.Also the beds must be the hardest ones in the World :? A few years ago you could get a drink whilst in the pool but this time there were no waiters...
My son broke his wrist whilst there and the management were excellent and went out of their way to help us get to the hospital and back again! If you book here you will not be disappointed. 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.