America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Highlands Reserve is a very popular location about 3 miles down the 27. I have several friends with villas on there and they always seem to be wel booked up.

They are on a golf course so of course it is popular with the golfers.

You should have a great time.
highlands reserve is nice, good tennis courts and golf, what i would say is and this probably applies to all rental villas, make sure that you get a villa which is as you paid for ie 6 bedroom, not a 5 bedroom,with a nook area made up as a 6th bedsit, but charges the 6 bed rate, this does happen and it was on highlands reserve, all villas should have a occupancy certificate hanging up in the villa, a lot of owners try this trick,so you have been warned.
hiya myself an my family are goin 2 florida on july 24 an are staying in the highland reserve villas. just wondered if anyone knows what there like an anything we should watch out for? also wat is the shopping like around the kissimmee area? any help would be much appreciated thanx.
Hi Tracey :D

As for shopping in Kissimmee there's plenty of places on the 192 but if you're after Malls then you'll need to go slightly further afield to the Premium Outlets and Belz on International Drive and the Florida Mall on Orange Blossom Trail but there all easy to get to in a car :D

Steve
Lucky lucky you! You will have a fantastic time!

You can go to Lake Buena Vista which is a shopping complex (the local taxi drivers know where it is) and its cheap!

There is an indoor mall too but I am afraid I can't remember the name of it but that is great. Again, the taxi drivers know where it is. There is a disney store inside and we got loads of t-shirts etc. much cheaper than the parks (not the same amount of choice though obviously). They sell all sorts in the mall including sports wear, jeans, jewellery etc. etc.

Have fun - I know you will!! :lol:
there is a tour you can do shop til you drop it runs on tiues and fri
heres some blurb
Enjoy some of the biggest shopping malls in Orlando... 'Shop till you drop' at the new Mall at Millennia with an array of designer stores including Chanel, Gucci and Louis Vuitton along with major stores such as Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales and Macy's. You will also enjoy a variety of shopping at various malls and outlet stores!

Outlets/Malls visited:
# World of Denim
# Reebok Factory Outlet
# Millenia Mall
# Waterford Lakes Shopping Plaza

you get about 3 hours at each mall and is great if you have males with you who do not want to shop

it is £15 with a discount at the moment from

http://www.shop.viator.com/brochure/product_show.jsp?ID=1010&PRODUCTID=1016&CODE=317015A
Tracey

I have asked for this to be added to our Hotel Reviews section. This should be done in the next couple of days. Perhaps you would like to write a review on your return at America Hotel reviews

luci :wave
Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Highlands Reserve before? We have booked a villa there for September this year.

I know where the resort is situated but is there much nearby in terms of restaurants / shops??

Any Info / comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steven.
You are not far away from publix supermarket a chinese take away and an Indian restaurant.There is also a Cracker Barrell , Bob Evans and a very good restaurant at Southern Dunes in Haines City.
Within a few miles north there is a Wal Mart and a place called Randy's Diner, A Winn Dixie , post office and a walgreens plus all the restaurants on the 192 which is not far away.
Excellent, thanks for that.

Cheers
Steven.
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Highlands Reserve Golf and Country Club (villa)? If so, could you please let me know how far it is from Disney/Island of Adventure etc? Any other info will be of great help.

Many thanks :)
If anyone has stayed here please add your review HERE
HI we stayed at Highlands Reserve 2 years ago. Villas were great. Not too far from Disney etc. Area is all gated communities - no shops etc to walk to. Not far from Publix and some eateries though as someone else said - about 3 min drive.
just come back from highlands reserve its about 10 miles from the theme parks and a couple of miles from the 192 road where all the food outlets are its a lovely estate on the edge of a nature reserve but beware if you stay there put your rubbish out just before the bin men come we put it out the night before and the racoons and vultures spread it across the street
put your rubbish out just before the bin men come we put it out the night before and the racoons and vultures spread it across the street-lol it is quite rural there especially at the back of the estate.

Glad you enjoyed it.
:shock: Boy!!!!! Racoons and vultures! That sure as hell beats the seagulls, then. :)
We are looking to rent a villa at Highland Reserve, on highway 27. Can anyone advise if there are shops, supermarkets beside/across from this community. We stayed at Emerald Island last year and found it was close to amenities. Thought we would try Highland Reserve due to the fact I am a keen golfer and it is handy to play most days. :P
Yes there is a Publix supermarket , also pizza & chinese takeaways within a couple of minutes drive (actually on the turning for Highland Reserves off the 27).

For a wider shopping selection take the RIGHT turn onto Highway 27 from the 192 when coming back from the WDW resort area (you would normally be keeping left to take the left turn onto the 27 on your way back to HR) .
Right at the next junction with lights, should take you straight to a massive Walmart (only a few mins up the 27).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.