Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think Patara would suit you, when we were last there 3 years ago there were still goats, cows and chickens running free and a camel but near the beach. The beach is out of this world. There are not many bars and restaurants but enough for a change each day, there are some real quirky ones, the Medusa bar being one. I am sure you can find further information from other forum members. :)
Try Datca, And also your transfer to Datca is so picturesqe and breathtaking to see, Not many Tourists venture here, It also has a small beach, And if you fancy another look around the Bodrum peninsula a ferry operates also.
Yep definitely Datca - there are a fair few ageing hippies there including me LOL. Seriously there aren't many Europeans but those there tend to be a bit 'alternative' seeking the good life, raising chickens, painting, writing etc. Many of the Turks are a bit hippyish as well. There is a bit of yoga going on as well and a thermal spring, it's all very laid back. The scenery around is breathtaking and still after 15 years visiting I get butterflies in the tummy as we approach. There are many many beaches all around, some only accessible by boat. We are often the only ones on some beaches even in high season although you might get the company of a few ducks or goats. If archeology is your thing there is the ancient site of Knidos about an hour away over the mountains or by boat, it's vast and uncrowded and stunning. If you like healthy food it's the place to be with the area famous for fish, honey and almonds. I am going tomorrow and getting so excited. My artist son is coming so I'll have some more lovely paintings when we return.
Thanks, please send me a postcard. Where did all us "beautiful people" disappear to ?
Datca LOL Movutomu! Type Datca into you tube and you will get a few lovely videos. I have one there called Everyday holiday in Datca. If you really want to get remote there are a few villages further down the peninsula - Ova Buku and Palamut Buku are two. It is like time has passed them by. I'm not sure I could spend too long in those though as I like a little bit of life wandering round the market and sitting by the harbour at night watching the world go by and listening to the call to prayer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.