Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Not sure about going by boat but certainly going by coach will take a while - a lot of people who go by coach ie Kamilkoc say it is very pleasant and airconditioned as well as cheap may be worth considering this option. I believe it takes about 3 and half hours. Good luck and enjoy your holiday
I definately wouldn't rule out going by coach to Marmaris from Fethıye. The buses leave every hour, the cost ıs 10 TL - about 4 pounds. It takes 2 and a half hours including a 15 mın stop for refreshments. The road is good and you see lots of picturesque countryside. The bus service ın turkey is excellant . If you want to take a boat from fethiye to marmaris then pop down to the harbour and ask around. I am not sure how long ıt would take but have heard ıt's very beautiful.
Hi Tracyjane :)
Yes, I would definately go by coach from Fethiye bus station, The safest company in Turkey is Ulusoy, You can book tickets online from England or just go down to the depot sometime and book your seats. Cheapest and safest way to go.
:wink: Kev :wink:
Thanks for the replies. So do the coaches go the same way as the airport transfer coaches over those awful mountain roads with steep drops and no barriers?? If so thats what I am trying to avoid, so may try and get a boat and get to Marmaris that way, although not sure how long it will take?
I suppose I am just a wimp when it comes to travelling, I dont like flying and I dont like coach travel and yet I love going on holiday!! Anyway, will try and get something sorted so that we can see our friends in marmaris. :D
Does anybody know if you can get a hydrofoil/boat/bus from Hisaranu to Icmeler. Apologies if this topic has already been covered, I couldn't find anything :?:

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.