Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Lanzi25,

Welcome onboard :tup
Icmeler is a lovely place to holiday. It's not the most traditional of Turkish towns, but it's certainly scenic with plenty to do. Bear in mind the temperatures regularly get above 40c in the summer, sometimes with little or no breeze so choose your month carefully. Nightlife is as mad or as quiet as you want it. The canal area comes alive in an evening once the meal service has finished and there are lots of other bars all over the resort. Everything quietens down at midnight but bars will stay open as long as there are paying customers. Marmaris and bar street are only 10-15 minutes by Dolmus / taxi away if you want to party until dawn. You might find members resort reports useful.

Darren
If you want to find out more about Icmeler, scroll back to April 22nd, 2008, whereby you will find the Discussion on Icmeler topic. For night life, also consider the resort of Kusadasi. For the Discussion on Kusadasi scroll back to January 9th, 2010.

Les
Hello! Thanks for the replies :D I like the sound of Icmeler so I think my decision is made I was wanting to go in May/ June or September time as I prefer those months anyway. One thing I had been reading is the Olu Deniz is more expensive than Icmeler is this true? as I found it not bad priced back in 2008 but that was my first trip to Turkey. I would visit Kusadasi but I want to fly from my local airport and that only takes me to Dalaman so that one is off the list for just now.

Lana.
prices in olu have gone up but really no more than can be expected when you have a captive audience the main reason is that vat has gone up alot since 2008 also the base price of liquer and ciggi's
been reading many comments from people who went to Olu this year and many were complaining that proces were much dearer than other resorts. I have been to Icmeler and found that whilst the prices have increased over the years Icmeler is probably one of the cheapest resorts in Turkey. Plenty of restaurant in Icmeler so plenty of competition which is reflected in the prices.

Icmeler is much larger that Olu but is still compact enough. No real hassle in Icmeler.

There are numerous topics on this forum about prices in Icmeler which will give you a rough idea. It can be as expensive or cheap as you want it to be

Stewart
I will check out the other forums to see what people are saying, in the end I know I will go for Icmeler a change is always good. thanks for all the info
I would choose Icmeler every time over Hisaronu or Olu.

Toffeemen
can you tell us why please ive been going to hisaronu for 10 years sometimes twice a year but next year going to icmeler for the first time party of 12 teenagers and adults not realy nightclubbers but like a good sing song feedback would be good
Decent beach with no need to get a Dolmus to be near the sea, good selection of Bars and eateries, only a short ride by Dolmus or taxi Boat to Marmaris if you like a bit more night life (you can even walk along the beach to the Town if you feel like) or Turunc for a peaceful meal in a small village, nice prom to stroll along in the evening, if you want to see more of Turkey the main Bus Depot enables you to try wonderful places like Datca - the scenery alone on the journey make the trip worthwhile !. Relaxed atmosphere and better value for money - IMO.

Toffeemen
didnt think that icmeler had a beach thats a bonus staying at the eckinci palace is it far from there
chrissy1965,

Icmeler has a long beach fronting the resort. It's not sand as such, more a mixture of coarse sand and shingle but it's still a beach!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/Icmeler-beach.jpg

Darren
Hi Chrissy, you will find on here that a lot of people go back to the same resort/hotel year after year, for some it is the only resort they have ever known and feel comfortable there. Turkey is a vast country, my OH is very much into the historical/culture side and so we have done a few different resorts to see the different things. Ironically we started off at Hisaronu then went to Icmeler, Gumbet, Kusadasi, Kalkan, Ovacik and finally Altinkum. I say finally Altinkum as after a few years we decided that we might like to live in Turkey full time and so we spent four and a half years looking around. Our favourite resorts were Icmeler and Kalkan but found property prices to be too expensive for what we wanted which is why we settled on Altinkum. As soon as we've sold up here, then we will be on our way. Talking about Icmeler, we loved our two holidays there as i'm sure you will. If you look at my earlier post on here, this will direct you to the Discussion on Icmeler topic. There is a topic on Map of where hotels are, I will try and find it and bring the topic forward.

Les
Can't wait till January now to book Icmeler :cheers
Icmeler of course. If you want only a silent and peaceful holiday in a not so much crowded resort then Hisaronu may be the option but anyways Icmeler is better then Hisaronu and also Icmeler is very close to central Marmaris.
I like icmeler but the beach is grotty, its narrow and gey full of shingle (watch what shorts you wear! ;) ) we had a good time there, lots of nightlife with dancing bopping and music. the bar me mate went to played rap all night which aint my thing but i soon forgor the music after me luverly efes :cheers :rofl some sorry, i've removed this as it may offend some. Dazbo HT Mod out there too (wife kept telling me to put me eyes back in, said they was out on storks :tongue ) but all the lasses was after the turkish waiters so she had nowt to worry about, sadly. some peeps say icmeler is tacky with english brekkies and loud folk but i enjoy that.

hisaronu is smaller and has no beach but 5 mins on dolmus is olu deniz and that is ace. bit snobby and dear tho, you get yah types down in olu but it is real beautifull. out my league now with the price rises,tho icmeler has gone up too dont forget.

have a great time mate :tup
If you go to each end of Icmeler beach there is a fair amount of proper sand.
The best bit is down the steps from the Cafe de mar and the nearby restaurants.
These are on the coast path leading to Marmaris.
I have been every October for the last 6 years but trying out other destinations this year.
is there a lot more mossies in icmeler than hisaronu ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.