Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Now there's an idea :wink:

Anybody know how much a divorce costs?
We are planning to go to Hong Kong and Singapore about this time next year. We have never been to Hong Kong but have been to Singapore a few times. My husband lived in Singapore as a child but I first went there in 1993 on a silver wedding anniversary trip which also included the Maldives and Penang. I fell in love with Singapore. The people are friendly and helpful, there is loads of history, amazing shopping opportunities, wonderful food and interesting places to visit. I am amazed when people say that a 3-day stopover is enough. Despite four previous visits, there are still loads that we want to see and do.
I have been offered return flights between Bangkok and Bali for £2500 each. If I take it I get to stop Tokyo, Los Angelos and Hong Kong along the way! :lol: and it takes 80 hours!
Imagine the system even coming up with that.It reminds me of the spoof skyhigh airlines
just wondering whether I should go for the minibar option in my Bali hotel. What do you think?

"¢ Mini bar or fright
This is sort of holiday related but I thought that since the forum is quiet now I'd ask how everyone is spending their Christmas holiday? Are you away or at home? I have my whole family coming round on Xmas Day and I haven't even thought about planning for it yet :lol:
make large Xmas dinner for family , then hotfoot to Manchester airport at 4 o'clock for flight to Goa, it will be a rush but well worth it when we get there.
I knew you were to Goa Xmas Day but - making dinner first?? Now thats brave :lol:
This is our first xmas day at home for several years we are usually away......hubby says I will do anything to avoid cooking dinner :) Youngest daughter cooking xmas lunch, boxing day not sure yet but I imagine food and drink will play a bit part then 27th we fly to Sharm for a week. We stopped smoking in February so this holiday has been paid for with money we would have spent on cigarette :lol: Hbby completed his Padi scuba diving course while in Vietnam in October so I best take a good book.

Even thou we are away I still envy you Shirley we have been in Goa at christmas several times and its magical.

Enjoy x

Jules
Fiona I know what you mean Xmas dinner and flight to Goa in one day is scarey!!!!!!!!

Goan addict- enjoy sharm, we did Xmas and new year in Goa last year and it was magical - this will be my last Xmas away for a few years so I am definately going to make the most of it.

ps - I would go away at Xmas every year if I could but work are putting a stop to it (scrooges)
we now have live chat here-
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/chat.php
Please note that you need a minimum of 15 posts on HT before you can use chat.
Fiona I must be really dumb , have tried to get onto live chat but just get a blue line saying loading???
and it does nothing else?
Have a look here for some help. YOu need to get on Shirley- its great :D
I haven't been on this site for some time but we are still taking our holidays in the Far East, we have now been to KL twice, Langkawi twice, Singapore eight times, Bangkok twice and Krabi Twice, we went to Singapore and Krabi this Feb and have booked to go back next Feb, you can now fly from Singapore to Krabi with Tiger Airways for around £30.00 each return. It take about 1 hour 15 minutes absolutely fab. We usually fly Singapore Airlines or BA to Singapore direct but this time have treated ourselves to Club on Emirates, hope it is OK.

Krabi is my favourate place, it needs to be seen now before it gets to crowded, we have seen a great change in 3 years, so many more hotels now being built along the coast, shopping precincts everywhere but still a fantastic place to go.

It is interesting reading the report on the Chinese New Year, we were in Singapore this year over this period and we said never again, as a tourist it is not a good time to go because everything is closed. We would avoid this period in the future but I am sure if suits some people.
8 times in Singapore? Is that because it is a handy stopover? I can see us in Singapore a lot more, although this time we are stopping over in KL on the way to Bali, as I haven't been there before.
No we have never used it as a stop over we usually spend quite a bit of our two or three weeks there but usually include somewhere else for about 5 days. Next year we will be using it as a stopover because we are flying in for a couple of nights then flying to Krabi and only stopping one night on the way home. It is the weather that gets us down, although it is always hot it is just too wet ,whatever time of year we have been there you just can't rely on the year before. We didn't actually like KL as much as Singapore, which hotel are you staying in? You need to be aware of taxi drivers ripping you off etc etc which you don't need to worry about in Singapore and the general service we didn't find as good and the shopping is definitely better in Singapore, hope you enjoy it anyway, I am sure you will
We are staying at the Shangri La.
Lucky you Fiona, Shangri La hotels are very nice , we went to the one in Bangkok for a few cocktails and it was stunning, also think the one in Singapore looks beautiful, I will be interested on your views on KL when you return as like myself you have visited Bangkok, HK and Singapore and can compare to it, KL is on my list of places to visit, probably combined with Tioman or Perhentien Islands.
I stayed in the Shangri La in KL a few years ago, first time in a Shangri La, I was very impressed. I hope it still is the same high standard. I think I prefer KL to Singapore, to me it seems like Singapore was in the old days before it became so sanitised and regimented. The shopping in Singapore has become quite expensive (at least to me, as I live abroad and don't have to pay the UK's high prices) and I love the malls in KL as most have some character. KL is not quite as manic as Bangkok but not the sedate city that Singapore has become.
yes KL will be interesting to compare with the other cities.
Judith- it still gets good reviews :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.