Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Just took a look on my invoice and company is called Phoenix International Leisure Company.

If any one has booked with theses please check it out.

Im going by what travel agents as told me just waiting for a call back from them :(
Which company?
Poor you :? what a carry on you are having.

Loulou
:oops: sorry i posted at the same time as you.

loulou
:( What an awful thing to happen to you, I hope you get it sorted, at least it sounds like your travel agent is trying to sort something out for you.

It might be worth posting the name of the company on here just incase any other HT people have booked with them and their travel agents haven't bothered to tell them yet.
:oops: All posting together.
Our flights are alright its just the company that they have booked the hotel with.

Its not put me off has i know we will have a brilliant time once we are there :D

I just couldnt believe it when travel agent phoned me up.

But never mind it will sort itself out hopefully.

I'll keep you all posted :D
on mon the 13th feb stated on the flight cancellation topic that small firms would go bust ,the information i got was correct and i have been told there will be more of the same ,anyone with small tour firms should check their bookings
:D I booked it with Hays Travel Company they put a package together

Like i say flights with Excel are still ok

Just company that hotel is booked with has gone bust.

The girl did assure me that she will find us another company for the hotel

Just hope it does not cost me more

Has its not our fault :(
hope everything works out right for you celine, all the best
Your poor things hope everything works out for you and you manage to get your holidays sorted out - good luck
:D Hello

Finally got our holiday sorted :D

The travel agent has found a tour operator and got us into the same hotel that we were booked into

Thanks every one for your kind support

Marion x
Glad to hear that Marion, sounds like you had a good travel agent. Now you can get on with looking forward to it. :D
:D Thanks

Before our holiday in July we go to Sun Club City for a week on 1st May

I just love Turkey

Thanks for all messages of support hope you all enjoy Turkey has much as we do :D
This is the problem when a travel agent deconstructs the 'package' and puts components together. Were you aware you didn't have a proper package and therefore weren't covered by the full regulations? What would have happened if they hadn't been able to find acceptable accommodation? You wouldn't have been able to cancel your flights and would have been left with those costs. Or you may have had to shell out more for the hotel.

Makes you think doesn't it.

What a load of hassle it all sounds too. I'm glad you're sorted though, it's only when things go wrong that it makes you wonder about booking things separately.
If the TA has an attol licence they can put together a holiday and you are covered.And it is a proper package as the TA then becomes the Tour Operator.
Well if it was a proper package, she needn't have worried about the accommodation changing and costing more - as she could just get a full refund and start again surely?

The fact that the Travel Agent involved her with the details of the company going bust etc and the possiblilty of the accommodation provider wanting more money doesn't sound like a fully protected package to me.

Also, there's not that many accommodation only companies that act as the Principal and therefore take on all responsibilities.

Were there are separate booking terms and conditions it can become a nightmare.
I did read in a travel mag that your contract for the hotel was with the actual hotel and not with say med hotels , or any other accommodation only companies as they are only acting as an agent for the hotel.
So it can be a juggling act.
But i think if it is a good company you book with they would always try and sort it out for you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.