Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia and one other place end of March :)

For work though, so possibility of 1 night on the beach max :(
For us it's two weeks in Bali in May/June then in October 2 weeks in Malaysia mainly Penang and two nights in Kuala Lumpur on the way home.

It seems a long wait to May ...

:cheers Geri
Going later today...everything is all packed....will be journeying down to heathrow in a couple of hours.....well excited now.... :D
Hi Val, just read about your "hard luck" with Maldives trip
Have no fears you will have an amazing time in Thailand.
Good choice of resorts, diving/snorkeling is excellent.
Bangkok.......well what can i say......it's like London on "crack"
Suggest try to see Grand Palace, Wat Arun for starters.
If you are into shopping, then you have found your paradise :D
Hope you have great time.
Roll on 1st of April.......it's my time :cheers
Eddie
oh- missed Val- but she is bound to have a good time.
Eddie- not long now for you :)
2 weeks tomorrow for us. Bangkok - Hanoi - Chiang Mai - Phuket - Penang - Phuket - Bangkok 28 days in all. Am looking forward to seeing my first grandchild in CM. :)
that is quite an itinery. You must be excited to see your grandchild :D
Bangkok and Koh Samui in May. Am counting down already (just over 10 weeks!). Hope its as good as our last trip there in 2006 - though I'm expecting it to be a lot more expensive due to the current rubbish exchange rate..
I'm missing Thailand- and not sure when I'll get back. Hope you have a great time, even with the exchange rate :)
Our countdown is now on, we leave for 3 months in Phuket on June 1st. During that 3 mths we fly to Udon Thani for 7 nights, we are also doing an 8 day drive up to Ranong then across and up to Hua Hin, then down to Phuket through Krabi etc, staying a little beach places along the way. Who knows where else we will end up as when Gary says lets go for a drive off the island, it means pack a bag because we might find nice places along the way lol.
Cathy
Well my countdown ends to day...mind you it only started a week and a half ago...I'm off to Nai Thon,Phuket than Lanta and BKK
:rofl I didn't realise it was as last minute as that. Have a great time!
Hey! Sunbear I love Nai Thon... have a wonderful time there. If you get the chance to eat at the German/Thai restaurant in the main street then I recommend the chicken satays... Golden brown, juicy and magnificent. The German guy in front of house says his Thai wife marinates the chicken in un-ripened pineapple juice. Hmmm! wish I was there.

Happy Landings

Cheers geri
Thanks Geri..will look out for restaurant...have stayed at Nai Thon before...hope its not changed too much..we'll try to get in Coconut village or whatever its called for eats, only has a handful of tables...some of the best Thai food I've had and really good prices.
Hey Geri...you don't happen to know the name of the German/Thai place do you. I'm on Nai Thon as I type so want to make sure I get right place...mind you there's not above 20 restaurants in the whole place so should be able to find it.

Thanks
Sunbear
Do you think I can remember the name... not on your Nellie!!. However, I can retrace my steps.

We stayed at the very lovely Naithonburi in the main street opposite the beach. Walking out of there you turn left... walk up the street and about 100 mtrs there is a restaurant on your left with about 4/5 tables outside (and brighly lit) There are also tables in an air conditioned room.

The German owner/guy has a full head of grey wavy hair and is quite handsome. We ate there a few times and never saw his wife... we imagined her to be cooking away on a calor gas stove turning out the most fabulous food. I do remember that service was very slow so sit back , relax and enjoy as there is no place else to go.

You will have seen the difference to Naithon with the new Condo's nearby... we met an English couple who had bought one so we got the chance to visit the site and check out the show apartment (Out of our price range and more than our house is worth here is Australia :yikes .

Hope you find the restaurant and it's as good as we thought it was. I remember recommending a restaurant in Ubud in Bali to a French couple... we had been there the night before and it was fabulous. We went the next night and it was terrible... the French couple was on the next table so heaven knows what they thought!!!

Cheers Geri
Thanks Geri...its called Shameena went there last night and thr food was good. Yes the Naithon buri is good though it has doubled in size since we last went. Saw some villas they were building at end of Nai Thon. 85 million baht youch.
Hi Sunbear

I'm thinking what's Sunbear doing logging on and posting at this time of day when the Poms are asleep ... then it dawned on me you are more in MY time zone than yours :rofl only four hours difference.

Glad you enjoyed Shameena (restaurant name is tattooed in my brain now) not a 5 star dining experience but as good as you will get anywhere I think in rural Phuket.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Cheers Geri
Nai Thon just a memory now, at Lanta at the Lanta Cliff beach...double room upgrade to a villa so we are happy bunnies ...or should that be bears.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.