Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Look on Los Calamares. Only minutes into town, and for the Superdino for shopping. Villas aren't new build. They were about the first constructed, and for residential purposes. They're all different, and because they're not new build you great more space both outside and in. Lots are still residential. The ones we stay in (next door but one to each other) are residential on both sides (Italian and Spanish). Not that we ever hear them because the villas are on such big plots.
Thanks sunaddict are Los Calamares also available on the same websites as Faro Park? I did notice that Faro Park is a long way out (not necessarily a huge issue) but I was balancing that against the fact that the Villas seem to be on largish plots. Whereas I have read that the ones behind the Marina are really claustrophobic and on tiny plots with everyone overlooking each other, I don't really know Playa Blanca well enough to make an informed decision as only did the odd day trip there when at the other 2 resorts.
Just booked Ryanair for March, don't know where we're staying yet, looking at hotels or villas in PB. Atlantic Gardens or Rubimar are favourites for hotels but possibly a wee villa on Las Brisas if the price is right. :)
flying out Feb 27th for a week to celebrate the hubbys 50th birthday, staying at THB Tropical Island :cheers
  • Edited by Joy 2014-01-06 16:19:15
Well in 16 day we will be in Costa Tequise for my 60th

Going to have good time I hope
2 weeks tomorrow we are off to Playa Blanca for hubbys 50th birthday :)
Hopeing to go away for a week in march,staying at Costa Teguise,we have never been to Lanzarote before so fingers crossed the weather will be good! it cannot be as bad as the weather in the UK at the moment.Allthough in the north east we have had some rain and today snow but my heart goes out to all the people who are affected by the floods :(

Alan
Back to Tunisia on 3rd May for a couple of weeks and really lookiing forward to some decent weather, as well as meeting up with old friends. Compared to other places our weather in Essex hasn't been that bad, as we've not had snow and I've only had my garden flooded a few times. I feel desperately sorry for those who've already lost their homes and businesses, with no let-up in sight.
We are off to the Dom Rep for 2 weeks for thr first time on 10th June, and then to Thassos for 2 weeks early Sept.

Re weather .. our son landed in Florida a couple of hours ago to torrential rain and thunderstorms .. hope weather picks up for him!
mobile fitter wrote:
Hopeing to go away for a week in march,staying at Costa Teguise,we have never been to Lanzarote before so fingers crossed the weather will be good! it cannot be as bad as the weather in the UK at the moment.Allthough in the north east we have had some rain and today snow but my heart goes out to all the people who are affected by the floods :(

Alan

We are back from Costa Teguise

unfortunately in January it was extremely windy and even the wind surfers packed in

Recommend the Dolphin Pub on the sea front good food and lots of craic
and the Texas Steakhouse is excellent too had a marvellous meal for my 60th birthday there
Hello Lensman 2002,congrats on the birthday and thanks for the information,we have booked the Bluebay Resort in Costa Tequise which is all inclusive but we do try to explore/visit the local area as it too far to travel not to!
You said it was very windy when you were there,but was it warm?

Thanks again

Alan :cheers
Off to Playa Blanca staying at the Holiday Village Flamengo Beach on 10th August.
Rubicon Palace late August into September, Our silver wedding anniversary and my birthday. First time on the island.
Four days until my holiday in Playa Blanca. Can't wait, it's been a good fifteen years since I was last there.

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8132785

Fabulous view from the huge balcony.
Have a brilliant time Pippy, your views look amazing!

We've booked Playa Blanca for next year in a villa so will be looking forward to what you think about the area after your long absence.
12 weeks to the day I'll be off to Santiago de Cuba with my nieces - in fact we'll probably be on the road from Holguin and after dinner in our Casa Particulares we'll be off to have the first mojito of the holiday on the terrace of the Casa Grande. As it will be the 50th anniversary of Che Guevara's death in Bolivia I'm sure we'll be raising a glass or two to his memory that evening ;-)
Enjoy PB Pippy , be interesting to hear what you find different from your last time there ,

Hope you like PB too Glynis , where about are you staying ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.