General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hello have you thought about the first choice holiday villages. Have lots for children of all ages to do.
The ones in the algarve and cyprus have 6 bedded rooms
have looked at these but very expensive and would like something close to town or strip though thanks for the suggestions julie
Hi Julie .
If you are looking at A/I you may be better off booking 2 normal interconnecting or adjoinig rooms and pay 4 aduld prices as the supplements are likely to be huge for a 6 bedded room if you can find one.

I can recommend Olu Deniz in turkey if you want a decent A/I within a resort, which is hard to find. have a look at the reviews on this site for club sun city .belcekiz beach hotel (only available via thomsons/portland) and olu deniz resort hotel all within the beautiful resort of olu deniz . A friendly medium size compact resort , with enough shops/bars to keep you busy and lots of trips to enjoy if you like that type of thing.club sun city have larger rooms but i have a feeling only take 5 . we are a family of 5 and when our children were that age it was cheaper by a vast anmount to book 2 twin rooms.

lyn
I'm not sure on your budget as the Bel Beach might come up as expensive for 6 people. Sometimes the Olu Deniz Resort hotel is a bit cheaper and seems to have family style rooms so this might be a better bet for you.

If the holiday villages are coming up expensive, you could try to book an AI hotel in the Algarve on a DIY basis, flights to Faro are normally quite cheap and you could book an AI hotel through one of the accommodation only providers, like Travel Republic, Hotelopia, Findmeaccomm etc

Not sure how may AI hotels there are in Portugal but the Paraiso de Albuferia is AI.
I tried the Paraiso de Albuferia costing on DIY chris . unfortunately the accomodation pice was horrendous even from the hotel. shame because I fancied the Algarve again after so many years and now I have put the drowning children in villa pool incident to the back of my mind. :)

lyn
We have previously stayed in two hotels in Turkey which were both AI and both excellent. Both had apartment style accommodation sleeping up to 6 (2 separate bedrooms + sofa beds in the lounge area). The hotels were the Ephesus Princess in Kusadasi and the Hemera in Side. The EP is as far as I know only available through Thomas Cook and although other operators use the Hemera, only Thomas Cook have the 2 bed apartment allocation. Both hotels also have free child places available up to age 16. Both hotels were excellent with good food, a range of restaurants, kids clubs and good entertainment.

Cazz
thanks everyone 4 all the suggestions think i gonna go with turkey looks great and that site travel republic their prices r great has anyone used it ? is it safe? seemed 2 good 2 be true didnt realise u could get holidays so cheap if a real site will get on and book something was saving nearly a thousand on first choice prices thanks again everyone julie
Hi Julie, there is a ongoing thread about Travel Republic in the Tour Operator and Travel Agents' section of this site.
We used them last year for a last minute break to Tenerife (a real bargain!) and were very impressed. Hope you find what you are looking for!
Hi Julie

Can I ask you not to use phone style text please such as u instead of you and 4 instead of for, etc?

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Many thanks.

luci :wave
i have used travel republic and had no problems. i also love turkey and agree with chris and lyn re their recommendations. we have just come back from an all inc in tunisia and that was a brilliant price, abou sofiane and would be happy to recommend that too we really enjoyed our holiday there this week . good luck
sorry about the text i didnt realise that i will be more careful in future julie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.