Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

You can check reviews HERE once people post their recommendations. Post here if you'd like any hotels added which aren't listed :tup
mims2208,

which part of the dom rep are you looking to stay?

I stayed in the Grand Oasis Marien, Costa Dorada last year which was nice and had some entertainment, however not an awful lot.

David
mims2208,

We have been to the Iberostar Costa Dorada 6 times now this resort is great for all ages, kids club if your 6yr old wants to go there, but there is many activities for your 13yr old to join in as well.And for you a great beach and pool for R&R here is a link to the website for more info, all travel agents go to this resort.

http://www.iberostar.com/EN/EN/Puerto-Plata-hotels/Iberostar-Costa-Dorada_3_62.html

Angie.
Just come back from iberostar bavaro took my 10 year old for a fortnight and hardly saw him, cant go wrong great daily activities and entertainment which you can join in as much or as little as you choose. Good luck with your search and wherever you end up in the Dom Rep it will be great, you just cant beat the people the weather and the BEACHES!! :cheers
I can vouch for the Riu hotels. WE've stayed at the complex in Bahia Maimon and have also fancied the Riu Bambu in the south. They're not really aimed at couples at all and they have a kids club. There were certainly plenty of children and children's entertainment when we were there a few years ago. This year we're having a change from the Rius and trying out the Dreams resort in La Romana - purely because we got a better deal. Now I would presume that this is more adult orientated :que
thank you all for your replies and suggestions - we have today decided to go to riu bambu (getting a good deal). managed to get my parents to come as well, so hey ho great times!! will let all know how i get on - holiday booked for 2nd sept. :D
Brilliant Mims - glad you've sorted something out :) It looks like a beautiful complex. I look forward to hearing all about it on your return.
mims,

Have a great holiday, which I am sure you will the Dom Rep is a great place.

Angie.
great fun, plenty of sunshine, kids loved it. result! thanks everyone x
Thanks for getting back to us with some feedbadckm mims. Glad you enjoyed. If you get a chance can you write a review of the hotel here please? Thanks!
Hi mims,

So glad to hear the whole family enjoyed their stay in the DR.

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.