Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi & welcome to the site.

There are recent reviews (i.e. up to last September) of the apartments in our Hotel Reviews section.

Baldur
hi and welcome to Ht. I have revived a thread on prices which should give a little help :)
This post from last May by Tonyt gives a fairly comprehensive list of prices applicable to Albena at that time.

Prices in Sunny Beach are likely to have been similar but, as Fiona says in the other thread, are likely to have changed (probably will have increased, due to local inflation) for the coming summer season.

The main increase in 'real terms' for UK travellers is likely to be the exchange rate, due to the Pound's ongoing weakness against the Euro and, hence the Lev - in summer 2007 1 Lev was equivalent to around 34.6 pence; last summer 1 Lev was equivalent to 40.5 pence. Today's rate is 1 Lev = 46 pence (all of the foregoing rates are Bulgarian bank rates, rather than UK travel agencies/banks/bureaux de change, which are likely to offer much poorer rates).

Baldur
Hi cop9554
You will get a better rate if you change your money into levs in Bulgaria than you will in UK. Take clean, not ripped notes and use banks or hotel. Some exchange bxs rip you off, but if you use the CROWN (they display a big blue crown) you will be ok. I always use the STRING exchange, the rate is usually slightly higher than Crown. There is one by the bus stop, in the Avenue Centre, opposite the Diamond Hotel. NEVER change money on the street if you are approached. The best idea though is to open a Nationwide Flex account and use the card at one of the many ATMs. A good rate and no charges whatsoever.
:wave: hi welcome to holiday truths. im sure you will have a lovely time there as its very child friendly over there. plenty of waterparks which are very secure and they have KFC and McDonalds as well. just be very carefull of pickpockets on any buses you get and i wouldnt advise changing your money with the street touts!! i think your apartment is on the same street as the one i own. if it is its ideal as your not directly on the sea front which can be noisy...yet the beach is very near you. were heading out there in august with our 4 kids..age 18 to 13. they love it there. keep us posted as to how you got on...any questions just ask.

tina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.