General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi DCL
I think your only options for March with a flight within 5 hours that would gaurantee you sunshine would be the usual canary islands , morrocco, maybe ? , cape verde and Egypt . we try to go to Egypt now every easter . came back 2 weeks ago in fact and it was HOT . temperatures were around 35 most days . but one day the thermometer on the dive shop wall in the shade said almost 50 :yikes .I think you could pretty much guarantee the temps to be late twenties - early thirties. quite fancy giving cape verde a go and being as its just the 2 of you it could suit but its only been available in the brochures for a couple of years so prices were still a bit steep for a family of 5 the last time I checked.

lyn
If I could go away without my kids it would definitely be Cape Verde - I've never been and I'm desperate to give it a go, but as it's very much a quiet, couply place and I'm a single mum with two teenagers, it's crossed off my shortlist for a few more years yet!
There are some nice quality hotels in certain parts of the Canary Islands - Costa Adeje in Tenerife, Playa Blanca in Lanzarote, Jandia in Fuerteventura... all around 4 hours flight. Have a look in the Sovereign brochure for ideas - some are very expensive but you may be able to get it cheaper if you book independent.
As one of the requirements is the weather being hot, I would definitely aim for Egypt. We went to Sharm El Sheik in mid-February this year and the temperatures were around 28-30. We have previously visited the four main Canary Islands somewhere between February and April and the temperatures were nowhere near what we had in Egypt. Wish we had discovered Egypt a few years earlier!
thanks guys! think egypts looking the favourite been pricing conrad up looks very nice not sure if to book now or wait till later on
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.