General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Fat chance of seeing it in my house when it is competing against Real Madrid and Man U.
Get the men a den Doe, :rofl :rofl
Theres only 2 of us in this house but 4 TVs!
We even have 2 at the caravan. :yikes
It will be available on catchup tomorrow,
It was an interesting programme and the lovely family who were burnt in Marmaris emphasised the importance of not travelling without travel insurance. :really
I watched it :tup

:yuck at the state of the kitchens in Cavelier hotel Miami - I just knew they'd find a mouse :(

I wanted them to go and see the 2 young girls who had to move hotel due to a break-in. It would have been interesting to hear their opinion on the move.
The front restaurant at the Cavelier Hotel looked lovely but I bet if the customers could see the kitchen they would run a mile. :yikes :rofl :rofl
That's exactly what I thought Jay, I'd have sat down at one of their tables with the Crab salad selection etc on offer and the flames flickering - just shows you doesn't it that some places are 'all kippers and curtains' :rofl
There was one a week ago and it is still on iPlayer.
Thanks Helen, I noticed I'd missed one so will watch last weeks soon :tup
any one watching the holiday program on bbc1!!! intresting about bad hotels, being going hosptail ect

It will be on bbc i player later
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2013-02-21 09:46:41
    Moved and merged from General forum
Not too keen on the programme, much prefered the old style holiday programmes that showed you the resorts.
Thought they let the manager of that hotel in Rhodes off the hook!!!!
Also I'd like to know if the hossies featured were public or private clinics - looked remarkably well equipped and the lass with the broken arm being whisked straight thru' for an X-Ray???????
I've seen Juanada hospital (Majorca) before on Sun, Sea and A&E it's a private hospital Dave, but the care has always been really good.
I had to laugh at that show last night when they were in Juanada Hospital with the lady with the broken wrist; the presenter said "I'm impressed, she was in, seen, diagnosed and treated all within 40 minutes" I finished that sentance off with "how's that compared to the **** you have of an NHS!"

I found it a bit boring last night, but I like seeing the beach scenes, gets me in the mood for holidays :)
Quite good tonight I thought. The tip about using a saline nasal spray pre flight to help guard against airborne infections was helpful :tup

Also glad to see that the Malibu Park in Tenerife took on-board the inspectors advice. Not so happy with the Domincan Republic hotel that basically sent them packing...........Urgh at the kitchen area in that hotel :(
i agree i just hope my hotel in dom republic will be a lot cleaner when we go at xmas )
I havent seen this programme yet, is it worth a watch? :)
It's finished now Phil, there were only 4 episodes, although you maybe able to get it up on BBC player.
Not just abroad do you get these types of dirty kitchen, with my job I get to see many places that Joe public don't and one of the very worst kitchens and back scenes was a 5 star hotel from a very well known hotel group, it looks lovely out front and in all the public areas.
You wouldn't think they'd dare what with all the drop in health inspectors, did you report them?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.