Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Just keep checking as prices might well change. Some tour ops will offer an early booking discount now, some might wait till all Summer 09 brochures are out and some will just discount at quieter times.

I always visit for the first two weeks in May and normally spend under £300 for 2 weeks. I started looking over a month ago and the cheapest was Manos at over £350pp, i booked last week as the price had dropped down to £280 - bargain!
I have noticed the same for next year.

Last year we paid £450 for 2 weeks at Lindos View (albeit a mistake by Thomsons due to another apartment we booked not being open), this year we paid £515 for 2 weeks in May at Krana apartments, we tried to book for next year and was quoted silly prices for Krana in May so we have opted for September 2009 and it has cost us £830. The girl in the travel agent matched the internet price as I wasn't paying £980 which she first quoted. The cheapest option was £630 for Pefkos but we decided to pay the extra due to having 12 months to pay it off having already stayed in Krana. She also said that Rhodes is having a boom time for bookings as the island is finally recovering from the Falariki cheap TV slots that nearly deprived the island of tourism.
As I could not believe prices u are quoting I looked @ Thomas Cook 2 weeks in Sept. 2009 in Lindos start @ £ 275 pp
falirki 266 based on 5adults Sun And Sea Apartments 1 week sc for 2099 and its with thomas cook 3star we thought that was good x
Thomas Cook are much cheaper than Thomson
tpebob - those prices were for the two of us for last year and this not each. Where's the accomadation in Lindos for £275?, because I'll waive the deposit and book that!.
Just looked again @ Thomas Cook.Leaving Gatwick 12th Sept. 2009 for 2 weeks staying @ Jean Marie apartments price is £279 each.
We were also shocked at 09 prices ,even though we wanted to go 2 weeks earlier in July. anyway we have had to re-book because of XL colapse and we have got quite a better deal NOW than we had two weeks ago, just crossing fingers for the tour operator we are NOW with! :tup
As much as I love Lindos (we had our honeymoon there) the more I thought about it and what still had to be paid (£780) was a joke and then the spending money on top which has been about £1,500 the last two years we have opted for 2 weeks in Mexico all inclusive and will save us £800. The current rate of the euro made the decision easier must admit but I'm hoping for Lindos next year as there is no place on earth I would sooner be!
You are saying your spending money was £1500. For how many people & what did you Buy. Its an enormous amount if only two people.
we have booked to saty in pefkos aug 09. this holiday is £500 more than what we paid in aug 08...for exactly the same hol. the only difference..the date..last year was 2nd..this year is 5th...with first choice.....a massive difference...we booked reall early but still wouldnt give us a free child place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am waiting to book last minute as we need to go away in the school hols this year, but am not holding out much hope for a cheap deal! I have been told that the tour ops have less flights this year so they don't get stuck with loads of unsold holidays.
tpebob, you seem to want to doubt everything that I am saying here first it was the cost of the holiday and now its spending money?.
When we go away on holiday we don't scrimp and save as we do that prior to going. £1,500 for a 2 week holiday is more than achievable. We get a car for ten days, breakfast every day which is 15 euros, 14 days eating out every night which is probably about 30 euros easily, could go the gyro shop for a cheapo kebab but prefer Stefanys for a sit down meal. Then a night out in the town which is probably about 70 euro a night as we ain't in bed at 9 o'clock of a night, then it's presents for family members, pedelos on the beach, loungers on the beach each day. Maybe a couple of drinks on the way back from the beach and maybe a snack if we feel like it, then maybe a taxi up the dreaded hill We normally break the holiday up by going to stay a night or 2 in Rhodes Town so surely you can see how £1,500 can be spent with ease. Oh and we both smoke so another £500 seperate from the £1,500 is spent there so that takes it in excess of £2,000 so this year it just ain't on. Would like to know why you think I would lie about such a thing as spending money plus the cost of a holiday?. Two of us go in answer to the question. Normally we go on a 'main' holiday plus a couple of times to visit friends in Spain a year I have found that Greece (and Lindos) is far more expensive than Spain for everything.
The holiday prices that you have quoted are from Gatwick, try Krana apartments from Manchester and see the difference in price, same with Lindos view. Manos have deals for the older apartments in the town (which could save us money I agree) but would prefer to pay more for what we would view as 'better' apartments. Don't want you to think I'm being sarcastic here but you only have to read other peoples views on Rhodes in this topic and view how others have also paid more this year.
I am also hoping to book a last minute as i have to take school holidays because of my job
we went to Rhodes for the first time last year , and loved it , and yes the prices have risen this year for getting there .
samdoddsred

I believe the demise of XL has had a big imapct of the cost of holidays to Rhodes as it has cut down on the flight options available to Rhodes. We always travel independantly to Rhodes and from our experience the 2009 accomodation is not costing anymore than compared with what we paid in 2008. The only increase has been the cost of the flights which have probably increased by 25% in 2009 compared with simiilar flights for the same time of year as 2008.

Ignore the posts from some of the negative posters. I believe is they auditioned for angry old men they would have no problems in being acceptted as a contributor.
Sam,
I've been going to Lindos twice a year for many years and if it's a two week holiday i usually spend around £750 too (i'm only paying for myself). I spend all year scrimping, saving and budgeting and it's so nice, just for two weeks, to forget my financial restrictions and have a real holiday. I also tend to book a night in Rhodes Town, eat out every night, often party until 5/6am and so on. £750 actually amounts to less than £55 a day and i'll often spend that on drinks alone during a night out here in the UK, at least in Lindos i'm getting breakfast, dinner, a sunbed and all my drinks during the day on top of that :cheers

As you say tpebop's price is for Gatwick at an accommodation you wouldn't consider so pretty irrelevant really. Maybe he was just trying to show you a cheaper way of reaching Lindos? Personally i like staying in the village and as i spend little time in my room i'm happy with clean, basic accommodation but it doesn't suit everybody. As it happens i'm staying at Jean Marie for my May trip, i checked them out last Sept and have to say they're a pretty good standard for Lindos - not sure why they're so cheap really :que
Agreed on that one jamkart as the options are fewer to actually get to Rhodes so the price has escalated.

Marcus, remember when me and the missus were going for our honeymoon (2 years ago on 4th may) and the advice that you gave us was invaluable!!. If there is ever an ambassador for Lindos in the UK then it's you mate!. Nice to hear that it's not just us that go a bit overboard when we holiday as we don't drink at home all year and as you have said we are exactly the same as we save all year, never go out drinking at home but really enjoy our holidays.

I was all for Jean Marie apartments but the missus likes the advantage of the pool so the boss got her way when we booked!. There was apartments actually set back from the beach which were reasonable in price (can't remember the name) but due to enjoying our stay in Krana we opted for there. The price didn't bother me at first as it was 12 months to pay off and there was cheaper options but coupled with the fact 2 other couples we met the previous year in Lindos view and were in Krana last year it was a bit of a 'reunion' kind of speak so the higher price was paid.

Personally the last two years in Lindos are among the best holidays we have had. The people to me in Lindos are second to none and we have become good friends with residents in the town including the owner of Byzantino bar and Red Rose amongst others, I cannot fault Lindos in the slightest so our decision this year was based purely on the exchange rate of the euro and what we have spent over the previous 2 years but money well spent in my opinion.

Hopefully the euro will start to improve and this time next year can look forward to going back to Rhodes as I love the place to bits :tup
I knew i remembered the name from somewhere!

I'd guess the place near the beach was Avra (with Olympic), that's pretty reasonable and about as close to the beach as you're gonna get. Think that would've been a real culture shock after Krana though as people tend to stay there for the location, the studios themselves have seen better days :sun2
I agree with the posts about money, we spend about £1500 for two of us as we don't want to scrimp on our holiday.

I have a question to ask though to those who say they spend a night in Rhodes town, we are thinking of doing the same (and found a B&B from Alpharooms for £20 for both of us). We thought we may go to the water park and then spend the night and then have the following day to appreciate Rhodes Town. Any tips for us?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.