General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I recently bought from a charity shop 'Unbeaten' by Kim Woodburn from 'How Clean is Your House' I only bought it after I'd read the back cover.

Here's an outline:- http://damnthatsawesome.com/unbeaten-by-kim-woodburn/
thanks glynis thats the type of book im after.
regards tracey
Dawn French - couple of years old now, Fatty is very good, funny sad just like her really, I couldn't put it down
thanks miss pink
i,ll look that up.
doesn't matter how long the books been out as long as its a good read, you can get anything on ebay
regards tracey
I got mine from Amazon - they also have some good deals too - also Shelia Hancock 'Just me' is a brilliant read about her life with JohnThaw
ive got the 2nd Paul o grady one, read the first a couple of years ago and it was brill so cant wait to get in to this one, i also read Jo Brand "look back in hunger" that was good to. autobiographies are all i read
I'm reading Borstal Girl by Eileen Mackenney at the moment. It's very good, it goes from her being put in a childrens home, her Mothers death, Borstal, marriage to an underworld toughie, to her having to mange on her own when her husband was sent down.
I got it from Asda, they have 3 for £10.
Have you read Falling and Laughing by Grace Maxwell? It's about how her husband Edwyn Collins of the band Orange Juice had a stroke and how she nursed him back to health although he couldn't talk, walk, read or play his guitar.
lancslass53,whitewineandsoda and digby
thanks for your replies will check the books out.
lancslass i have the first paul o'grady book, didn't know their was a sequeal
regards tracey
tracey the 2nd paul o grady one is called "the devil rides out" ive been wanting to read it for ages but i only do paperbacks and had to wait till end of june for it to come out, ive been tempted to start it but ive resisted for my hols
Patrick Swayze - very sad and The Andre Agassi one made me cry
have just reserved these two books at my local library , will pick them up tomorrow
just read susan boyle the woman i was meant to be, it surprised me, her explanations of her experiences, her faith and her loyalty and love for her mum, and her kindness and most of all her intelligence and humour, all make an enjoyable read. xphx :tup
Going to get Bear Grylls for hubby's holiday read - although I'll probably pinch it!!
Tracey have you read Chrissy Rocks This heart within me burns.
Beverly Callard Unbroken
Brenda Blethyn Mixed Fancies.
Those i've just finished and thoughly enjoyed.
picked botjh books up from library today and the librarian said that Patrick Swayze's book is so sad , when i told him the books were my holiday reads he said " oh your going to have a sad holiday "
I knew the Patrick Swayze one would be sad but I was surprised to find myself in tears in parts of the Andre Agassi book and found myself totally hooked and drawn into his life much more than I expected to be. Hope you enjoy them (in a sad way!!)
great tips guys i'm checking them all out.
have ordered the chrissy rock and paul o'grady so far, not sure i want any that will make me cry though. i'll have to keep my sunglasses on or hubby will think i'm a wimp.
keep em coming tracey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.