General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Holiday reads.
7 Posts
I got a good freebie for my Kindle the other week: Hot Property

I've been reading it at the beach!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0073XIEQO

It's currently priced at £0.99p and has the making of a good "holiday" read.

Summary here:
For a community of British ex-pats settled in the rural Akrotiri region of Crete, living the dream is what it’s all about. Life is pure sun, sea and sand with a bit of work thrown in for good measure.

But for newcomers Ed and Lauren and their two small children, the dream takes a sour turn when their paths cross with devious property dealer Jeremy and his frosty girlfriend Susannah. And they’re not the only ones who begin to question whether a life in the sun is all it’s cracked up to be…

Becoming a travel rep in Crete is the best decision Georgie has ever made – especially when she starts a steamy affair with her landlord. However, when she bumps into an old adversary, she can’t resist a spot of sweet revenge and things soon start to get out of hand.

Meanwhile, restaurant owners Becky and Yiannis are finding their love-struck teenaged daughter Sophia too much to handle. And their good friend, lonely artist Stafford, discovers there is one person who is the ongoing source of all their troubles – but will he be able to stop the culprit before it’s too late?
I take my Kindle for daytime but prefer using my iPhone for reading in bed. Didn't read as much as usual on my recent holiday as we took my young niece with us so spent a lot of time playing in the pool but I did manage to finish one book and start another.
On holiday I like light easy reads that you can dip in and out of. I read " The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed out a Window". And I really enjoyed it its a bit Forest Gumpish but very amusing in parts. Also started to Reread London by Edward Rutherford this is one of all time favourites and because I had a trip to London planned for just after our hols decided it was time for another read of it.
After swearing I didn't want a Kindle as a 'proper' book was much better I wouldn't be without it and it is definitely the way forward for reading.

Last books I read on holiday was all the Harry Potter books :)
At the beach yesterday - with my Kindle and one of my "freebies" from Amazon.co.uk

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5513/9432041037_d3ed4e4aa4_z.jpg
Where were you today? by CyprusPictures, on Flickr

and this one on Wednesday at Club Aphrodite timeshare

http://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1006329_10151759160092431_1441109228_n.jpg

I love my Kindle :tup
I will bet there are few replies because more folks are using kindles. I didn't have to worry about what would be a good read as I have 100 plus choices of free books on my knidle :D So my reads were probably not up to date ones
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.