EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Yeah, we're in the Algarve and are down a little too. Speaking to other local owners, the buzz seems to surround the winter fuel bill surprises that may have caused folks to think twice. I'm hoping that bookings are just delayed because of that, and not cancelled.
I wonder has it anything to do with an increased amount of rental properties.
I think you're right, Waterford.
The feedback I've been getting from other owners is that rentals are down every where, especially France and the Costas. Bookings for school holiday peak summer seem to be the slowest. Perhaps people are just watching the pennies this year?
Just to confirm what's previously been said our bookings are also slower than last year still good but several gaps here and there which we didn't have last year. What's the cause of it? That's what I would like to know. Our accommodation is in Icmeler Turkey, are other owners there also finding bookings slower?
I would agree that a the reason is largely due to the amount of rental properties available. Also more and more people own properties abroad or know of someone who has a property that they can use.

I guess it's not such a bad thing that the prices are dropping as some of the owners started to ask ridicuous amounts of money for rentals. Not so great if you are the owner though perhaps. :sun
package holiday bookings are also down and they are blaming "DIY" holidays but if holiday home bookings are also down, then surely it is because less people are booking holidays?
there dosn't seem to be that many cheap flights around, especially in the school holidays, this could be putting a lot of people off.When you price up package holidays half board it often works out the same price and you havn't got the expense of eating out. Just a thought :idea:
Yes I think the flight prices have alot to do with it.

It can cost up to 2 thirds again of the property price just for 1 week.

I am always looking round, and I see some beautiful places for under £500 per week but the flights are £1,000 plus if I am lucky!!!! :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.