Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi all,

We are going to Holiday Village in May (SELF CATERING). Can anyone remember how much it is to use the indoor pool and gym ? Is there a weekly rate? Also, is there pool towels supplied? Thanks :D
hi,
we are going in june,didnt realise u ad to pay for the indoor pool,so wud also b interested to know,wud love to hear ur wiews and tips on the holiday michelle,when u return,

Gower112 please could you not use the text style of posting as per the rules of posting #2 thanks allmen
hi,we have had a letter this week from f.c. about building work at the holiday park.Has anyone else had these and can any one who has been please enlighten us to how bad or not they are?Soooo looking forward to this holiday don't want anything to spoil it this time
thanks Hassie :tup
I've been in today to pay my final balance and nothing was said.
When are you supposed to be going Hassie?
we are leaving two weeks today,15 april for two weeks. :?:
hi have booked to go to holiday village this year and was just wondering how long it would take to walk to the nearest town,is it really as far to walk as people say

Yes Gower, it is a very long way! I think you will find most all inclusive are out in the middle of nowhere :? There are buses that will take you into town, but they are often full.
i passed by there last week,and commented about the work going on to my partner,hope it is sorted soon as it is a mess.
Hi Rebel,

What kind of building work is going on? Im getting a bit worried as we were there 3 years ago when the Holiday Village had just opened and we were very dissappointed that the beach club wasn't open and there was still a lot of work going on. So, I thought we were safe to book now when everything is up and running. I will be very annoyed if we go back to find the place in a mess again. I would really appreciate if anyone can give us some feedback about what is going on there. We are due to go there in 5 weeks.
they are doing work on both sides of the road i,m sorry,it looks like they are expanding the complex,either that or someone else is building there,and work on the elephant side,sorry don,t know what,it could be finished by the time you go there :roll: .from the time we saw it to when you go it is 5-6 weeks .no water in pools at that time,but it could have been the wrong time of year for the outdoor pools.
Hi, in my letter re building work it says;-
They planned to add a new wave pool and 2 storey split level sunbathing area.
Construction has been taking place over the winter and the majority of work has been completed.Work is now taking place to add fixtures and fittings etc.Due to the nature of the work and the design of the sunbathing platform,scaffolding and large machinery is in place ,but due to removed by 15th april.As the beach club is across the road there is no noise or dust affecting hotel rooms etc.However higher floors can see the work.
The new things are due to be completed by june.The beach club will be ready 1st april .
We are confident that the development to the beach club will not affect your holiday experience.
Sorry I tried to scan the letter but my scanners not responding for some reason.The above is just extracts from the letter.If I can help in any way just ask. :ghug
regards hassie1
Thanks for that. I contacted Falcon and they said no facilities are closed and work should be finished by end of april. My Brother-in-Law is going there next week so hopefully he can verify all this.
Hello

Can anyone tell me what the weather is usually like in June, we are going on 8 June?

Also need to know if you can get snacks for all inclusive in the evening after dinnier? My son is diabetic and he needs a snack in the evening.

Hopefully all the work will have finished by the time we go, we haven't had any letter from Eclipse about this work. If everything is meant to be up and running by June, doesn't leave us much space for them overrunning. I will be contacting Eclipse tomorrow for their confirmation that all work will be finished.
June is probably the best time of the year. It's very warm, sometimes hot, the evenings aren't oppresive.

as for the work, I've never known spanish workmen to finish on time :?
i hope your brother brings good news,but as i said it would proberly be finished within the time we went to you,just think all the extra facilities that will be there.
hi all,
could anyone tell me if the beach club is for use of all inclusive guests only or can self catering guests use it as well?
From what I can remember, the beach club is open to self catering guests aswell.
Whilst we were there last summer, the locals used it.
I remember someone telling me that the locals pay an entrance fee (only for the beach club)and they get everything free whilst they are in there inc food & drinks.
There was a fire in the sauna in the complex on Tuesday evening.
http://www.typicallyspanish.com
Just read the latest report on hotel reviews, and it wasn't positive at all. I know they had lots of problems with the food at the beginning of last season so hopefully if enough people complain things will sort themselves out.

Think it is ridiculous that you have to pay extra for a jacket potato if you don't want chips with meals! Haven't we paid enough for AI in the first place

Please those that are going out soon it would be really helpful to post reports so we can track how things are going. Hopefully things will improve
the review is a bit worrying, im beginning to think we made the right decision goin self catering!mind you a holiday is what you make of it and theres 12 of us going out there in june and were still looking forward to it :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.