Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi,

I hope someone can answer the following for me as we are considering booking for last week in June and 1st week in July, we've been to the HV in Turkey and it was excellent, just hoping this one matches up.

Are the evening kids clubs in place at this holiday village. In Turkey they had one that ran from 9pm to 11pm for all ages.

Also, do you have to pay for pool towels or are they all inclusive?

Thanks in advance!

C xxx
Kids clubs are in place in evenings, they are split into age groups. The pool towels are part of the all inclusive, but you will need a 15 euro deposit for each towel.
Thats excellent Delta, thanks so much for your help!

C xxx
We are going on 8 June for 2 weeks, do people get up at silly time to stake their claims on the sunbeds? At the Majorca one, if any towels put down before 8am they were picked up and taken to reception, which I though was quite a good idea.

Also, never been to Costa del Sol before, what is is like for insects bites etc, is it worth getting cream etc to we don't get bitten?

Many thanks
we were there in aug 06 and never had any problem getting a sunbed. the beach club does not open until 10am,so loads of sunbeds available over there,however if you need a parasol with your bed you might want to be there when they open the gates because they go pretty quick. always take with you some form of insect repellant as this will be more expensive on site. have a fab time and report back to us your views on the place. we are going again in aug school hols.
bye
Sorry a couple more questions, just trying to get an idea of the layout.

Is the kiddies playground by the pool at the main bit of the hotel?

Is the pirate ship in the beach club pool?

Its good to hear that you can get a sunbed down at the beach club, I expected that to be absolutely mobbed and unable to get a bed! Brilliant!

Thanks again!

C xxx
yes there is a kiddies playground by the main pool and yes the pirate ship is on the beach club
Louie G ,you are going a day before us we are going on 9 June for 2 weeks and are really looking forward to it :D ,has anyone stayed in a 5 bedded room,do you know the bed layouts,does the sofa bed in the lounge pull out to a double?

think its really a good idea that the beach club doesnt open till 10,been on quite a few holidays where we used to watch all these sad people queing at the door as early as 6.45 waiting for the doors to be unlocked at 7.30,only to put there towels on sunbeds and then not go back to them till the afternoon!!!!! :x

is it worth e-mailing the hotel to request the floor or view we want or is it enough that we've put in our request with travel agents?
Not sure about the layout of the room, but there are photos on eclipse direct website so i guess they will give a clue on the sofa beds etc.

We have paid extra for a pool view/sea view room. not sure how much more it was but i don't think it was too much or we wouldn't have paid i am sure!

Has anybody used the day before check-in at the airports with First Choice? We have this time as we didn't fancy queing for up to an hour at 4 in the morning with two very tired children (from Manchester). If anyone has done this, how far prior to flight did you have to be there on day of departure?

Getting very excited now, my son told me 2 weeks and 3 days before he even got out of bed today!
The five bedded room layout is two small doubles in bedroom and the pull out sofa bed in lounge, Im sure is a single, well we couldnt work out how to get it to a double if it was. The bedrooms are small for two doubles, the beds are pushed together, OK if your children are small
just returned from my second stay at the holiday village this year and all was not well!, we arrived and the room was not clean there was dust under the table, sticky footprints and a big sticky mess on the balcony, we also had no towels . i phoned reception and this took 3 hours to sort out . not the service we were used to from previous stays . this hotel was very busy .the food was warm not hot, we ended up getting our own tea at breakfast not up to the standards of a 4 star hotel, but apart from that we had a great time the rest of the hotel was spotless as normal, excellent service from the bar staff. make sure you look out for the donkey on the hill behind the train line he is very vocal!!!!
Billy06

How was the standard of food generally, seem to be very mixed reports on the reviews section. Did you feel food was being reused for more than one meal? Did you usually find something to eat?

Quite concerned as my son is diabetic and the last thing we need is for him to get food poisioning as it would more than likely cause him to be admitted to hospital which of course we want to avoid at all costs!

Am I right to be concerned or am I worrying over nothing. Also did the building work affect you?
Hi im going to the holiday village on the 30 june with my partner and two children aged 9 and 4. Please could anyone tell me if it is best to book swimkids and football school before we go or when we get there. As the children will be disappointed if they dont get a place. Also does anyone know the times these are run . Many thanks and if anyone knows anything about when the building work in beach club is likely to be finished.Also where does the daytime activies go on by the main pool or over the beach club? and what times are the kids clubs run and will i have to book them in in advance. sorry for so many questions.
Jenkins

I was there in 2004 and 2006.
Football is early in the morning I think (although my son was not old enough for it) but I always heard others saying they had to get up early. I think maybe 10 although there could be differant sessions.
Swim kids goes on from about 1000-1500 (I think 45 min sessions cant really remember)
I would say if you dont want to be disapointed book in advance.
Daytime activities take place in differant areas at differant times. Beach club , main pool and outside entertainment area.
Kids clubs you couldnt book in advance when we were there it was a matter of queueing up in advance and hoping the kids got in. They had I think 4 differant sessions a day starting at about 10am up till 2300. Each week there is a list of what is on for each age group each day.
Some of the sessions are more popular than others ie. The Chocolate Party ... you need to get there real early to be assured a place on that one.
Sorry that my answers are all rough estimates rather than definate times.
Hope I have helped in some way.

Carol
Re: Food. Well my missus is a fussy vegetarian and she described the food as "alright". Thats not a bad accolade from her!
I thought the choice was great. You got yer bargain entry chicken nuggets/burgers and chips on offer every day, you've got plain grilled fish/chickenfor the Atkins diet freaks, you've got choices of spuds, rice, pasta for carbs, in different guises every day. salad bar, ample bread rolls, different specialty foods on offer every night, varying desserts. I felt they laid on a lot of choice.
It makes me laugh hearing this "the food was only warm not hot" stuff :roll:
Half the guests are young kids. No restaurant will offer piping hot food in these circumstances - not in these days of litigation and people sueing for burnt mouths etc. All food was warm enough.

Snack Bar ice cream ( by the climbing frame)- we did notice that the ice cream on one day had been allowed to thaw out and had been refrozen. That couldve been iffy if we let the kids eat it. They nipped up the other snack bar and got a decent one.
While I'm here:-
We sent postcards on the 7th May. Posted them in hotel mailbox. Friends received them last week (24th)!! They had Malaga postmarks dated 21st on them.

Looks like the donkey comes round to collect the mail on a monthly basis!!! :lol:
Well we got booked up :lol: We go on 22nd June until 6th July. We being me 31, dh 34 and nearly five year old monster son! :lol:

Looking forward to it and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for answering my silly questions recently!

If you're out there at the same time say Hi!

Catherine x
hi scottishmum might c u out there we go on 30 june we arewelsh. hope its great my son is 5 in october. so u never know they could be buddies ill say hi if i bump into u . I think ive asked so many questions to im sure itll be fine. is your son doing swim kids at all
Hi Jenkins, there's always someone from HT we bump into on holiday. We were at the Turkish holiday village twice last year and we ended up we'd met up with about 6 couples off here.

I was talking to Cameron tonight about doing swim kids as he normally shys away from things like that and he seemed to be right up for it. But I'm going to leave booking it until we're out there as he could change his mind and once he does there's no persuading him. He's swimming a little without armbands at the moment so I hope that will bring him on leaps and bounds.

Cameron is more likely to want to hang around with your 9 year old, especially if you have a girl :lol: He is under assessment for adhd at the moment and thinks he's an adult :roll: But 9/10 year old girls are his favourite :lol:

Okay, back on topic before I get shouted at :lol: Is it true that you need to pay for baked potatoes :roll:

Also was wondering what excursions are available from here?

Catherine xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.