Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Dinner-lady - glad I wasn't the only one who thought how sad we all were. Dare I ask whereabouts you were in the queue? Sad to say, we were always near the front!!! But the first week was so much better. Were you there for 2 weeks?
Hi just got back nice place staff work very hard also do the entertainment team weather fantastic no complaints with hotel didn't see no sickness bug either. Down side yes middle of no where made worse busses went on strike the first week could get sunbeds at 9 oclock may be not always in the shade but second week no chance couldn't even get a bed so had to get up at silly oclock will put more of a report on hotel reviews
Hi all, we go tomorrow morning and have been reading about the deposit thing - do they take debit card details or credit card? Need to check as we don't have a credit card so I am going have to take more cash than I was planning if they don't do debit cards.
Hancock444 - not sure if you can use a debit card. Think it was cc or cash. Definitely 100 euros.
Hi Mitchy we were only there for the last week with you. I usually sent OH down to queue at 9 ish and he said that all the kids were running past him on the bridge, but we got where we wanted with an umbrella every morning. Would not want to go back next year when other two hotels are open but enjoyed last week anyway :cheers
we are of to hol village in a few weeks -can't wait !! but my 78 yr old mum-in-law is a bit freaked out by the look of the footbridge :yikes .is there another way in ??
hi nicnic not really but the reps do use a gate were as they don't cross the bridge but have to cross the road this is on a slight bend and can be a bit scary i guess you could enquire best of luck :sun2
thanks for that ,that will put her mind at rest!! :) just hope the rest of us can handle it for 2 weeks !!!! :tongue
A 78 year old should definately NOT cross that road :yikes
got back last night - have posted review.
secuirty stopped the kids running over to the beach club unless they had an adult with them last week! We stopped at the hotel pool as the walk back and forth was too much! We would go back but like a previous poster the new hotel and sunbeds situation is worrying.
re deposit - they do take debit cards.
would recommend going to Gibraltar, although expensive for the complete trip had a brilliant day (even the 13 year old loved it!)

I must admit before we went I was worried that it was going to be 'chavvy' but was very pleasently surprised. There were no drunken teenagers running about, no adults thinking that everyone liked to hear colourful language etc. Very good holiday.
Curecf: How was the HV? Haven't seen any posting from you and just wondered how you got one. Well I hope.
hi all
we have booked to go to h/v aug 2009,we are a party of 12 with children from 8 to 2 16 virtually 17 year olds,since booking i notice a lot of people talk about taking small children there,am getting a bit worried now as do you think the 2 16 year olds are going to be bored,u know what they are like at that age!!!!!wiill they get adult wristbands,please anyone let me know if u have taken boys of that age and if they had plenty to keep them occupied ?please let me know,so i can put my mind at rest!
thanks
worried mum :sad
They shouldn't get adult wristbands as the legal age for drinking alcohol is 18 in Spain.

luci :wave
I am aware of the legal drinking age in spain
I was enquiring about the adult wristbands,not for alchohol,but for the activities,as i have heard you have them to do certain activities!!!!
  • Edited by gower112 2008-09-07 16:04:24
Sorry, I was only trying to help. Won't bother next time.

luci
sorry,did not mean to offend or come accross rude,was just trying to say that i didnt even think about alchohol,was refering to activities,and would never encourage under age drinking.
Hi Mitchy

Sorry alot has happened since coming back.
We all (17) of us really enjoyed ourselves. Only bug bare is getting up early to get sunbeds where you want. Couldn't fault anything else!
Will try and do a full post with pics when hospital is out of the equation.
Ps next year will be manic once the other hotels are open and are able to use same facilities as Holiday Village, Too many people going to be around.
Hi all! We went to HV in June '05 and loved it. Just booked for next September for a family of 5 but am now quite concerened about the whole sunbed/sickness issues. What's all this about new hotels using the same facilities?? Nothing like that was mentioned when we booked and as it was a toss up between HV in Sharm or this one, that probably would have convinced us to go to Sharm! Can anyone shed any light please????? :que
Thanks x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.