Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
We're booked up for here next September and I'm really starting to regret it now. An hour to queue for sunbeds with an umbrella, 2 new hotels joining in the waiting game!! :que sounds like hell to me, not a relaxing holiday.

Just got back from HV Red Sea on Monday and am thinking of changing from CDS HV to go back to Egypt instead.

Emma
Hi no sickness bug while we were at the hv and as for the hour queue for beds that is for the water park across the road. IMO when the new hotels open yes will be far to busy.But remember the pool in your hotel is not affected :)
Thanks for the reassurance about the pool marktina! Do we know when the new hotels will be coming into play?
For those of you who have been to the HV in Sharm, would it be too hot in September for 3 kids aged 9 yrs, 4 yrs and 18 months?? We've not been ourselves but my sister and her family just got back and booked for next year straight away! They loved it but have older children. Can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks x :tdown :tup :tdown :tup
vicib1

We were a party of 9. 4 adults and 5 kids, from 14 years to 4 years. There were loads of families with smaller kids and they were all fine. There are fantastic facilities for all ages of kids.
I would go back tomorrow if I could. I loved it.

When we were there last week (got back on monday night) the temperature was about 45 degrees in the shade. Feels cooler because of the breeze off the Red Sea. It went down to about 37 degrees inthe evening.

You will love it.

Emma
Vicib1

Just got back from HV Sharm, we went with a 15 month old and had no problems with heat, just ensure all drink plenty of water. Having a swim up room helped as could go inside during the hotter hours of the day if needed but as you kids are older the pool should keep them cool enough and enough parasols for everyone. We had a fantastic time, going back in may hopefully.

Gemma
Gemlou, Stemma

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to look into transfering the holiday asap. Have you been to HV CDS? We really enjoyed it last time but it was 3 years ago!! Was wondering if either of you could compare the two? The main reason we chose CDS was after advice from my sister that it would be too hot, and the length of the flight.
Was your little one ok Gemma? Our youngest will 18 months when we travel.

Cheers

:tup
Vicib1

Our little one was absolutley fine, he really enjoyed the pool which was a big difference from when we were in majorca in May, pool was far too cold. We opted for Sharm instead of CDS so we were guaranteed the good weather as only got 2 days of sunshine out of 7 in majorca in may. Would like to go to CDS maybe 2010 but would go june/july when better chance of good weather but Sharm would be too hot in the summer months.

Going back to Sharm in may as hol next year needs to be before our son turns 2 as no free child places left.

I have also been wondering if anyone has been to any other holiday villages aswell as Sharm for comparison.
Just got back from our second visit to the HV. Everything great, will post a review asap. The only things that have changed are, you have to show your room card a lot more than last year and you have to leave 100euro deposit at check in or your credit card details. This covers the cost of any damages. However, you dont have to pay seperate deposits for safe/TV remote and beach towels. It was a bit of a suprise being told by the rep on the coach. So you will need to take this into account if your are a family on a budget. Didnt fancy leaving credit card details. When you check out you are left with 100euros to change back or spend at Duty Free.

All in all a great holiday. Anything you want to know PM me. ;)
vicib1

We've been to sharm and Turkey HV's. Booked for CDS next September and don't know if we've made the right choice.
Turkey and Sharm are brilliant.
Hi I am thinking of going to the holiday village costa del sol and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the wheelchair access is like, ie ramps, lifts etc.

Many thanks
x
hi sleepyrella
from what i recall the wheelchair access to all floors was really good via the lifts. the beachclub on the other hand was a little walk especially if you may want to go back and forth a couple of times a day although i beleive you could cross the main road and bypass the bridge but again this was a very busy road. my best advise would be to look at the photos of the beachclub bridge and judge for yourselves.
happy hols
john
Hi I am going to the HV in July.

Has anybody heard anything about the train station at HV opening. Its mentioned on the Holiday World web site as opening soon!

Would be great if it opens this summer. :cheers
hi we are due to go to the holiday village costa del sol in august2009, and to be honest i am having serious second thoughts due to the mixed reviews on other web sites,we are a family of four with two boys aged 10 and 5,and concernerd about sickness,poor food quality etc,to transfer to holiday village viva or equilavent is going to be a lot more,but am i fretting for nothing,or is it as bad as people are saying,please can you advise before i shell out the balance.
welcome to HT

we have our memebers reviews here

wizard
Hi lisab regarding your concern at HV costa Del Sol my husband, son (9) and I went here last August and it was pretty good. The waterpark is fantastic for kids and the kids club was excellent. The food was the same standard you get at any AI and regarding sickness we never had any issues with it or saw anyone with it. We also went to the HV in Majorca the 2 previous years and that was nice but nowhere near as good for the kids, the transfer was about an hour whereas its only 20 mins in CDS. I would definitely chose the CDS one for the fantastic waterpark. Hope this helps have a great time :cheers

ps. any other questions please dont hesitate to ask :tup
Hi all :wave:

We are contemplating booking the Holiday Village Costa del Sol, we are a family of 4. 2 Adults and 2 kids aged 10 and 5. Having read previous posts on this site and also reviews on other sites we are now having second thoughts :que

Is there anything to do round about the HV?

All recommendations welcome.
hi lyndabelle78, the HV is actually situated midway between Benalmedana and Feungerola there are bus stops outside HV which take you both ways and these usually run every 20-30 mins hope this helps :tup
Just read the post by john gwyn regarding getting from the water park across the road - we were in CDS (not hol vil tho) this last week and they were putting the raised zebra crossings on all the entrance/exit to the roundabout outside the HV so crossing the road is now a little safer.
Lyndabelle

The Holiday Village is quite remote. This is common for A1 so they can keep you on the complex. As stated, there are buses to take you into Fuengirola or Benalmadena and I always see taxis outside. If you are looking for a holiday that you would like to get out and about, the Holiday Village isn't really suitable, you would be better off booking into an ordinary hotel which would also be a lot cheaper and would be in the centre.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.