Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Getting close now travel out 29th June , would appreciate a bit of advice on a few subjects.
Is there a dress code for any of the restaurants eg long trousers , closed shoes?
One from the wife and daughter , are the hair dryers in the room any good ?
We have interconnecting rooms booked does anyone know their location?

thanks

Jim
jimbouk wrote:
Getting close now travel out 29th June , would appreciate a bit of advice on a few subjects.
Is there a dress code for any of the restaurants eg long trousers , closed shoes?
One from the wife and daughter , are the hair dryers in the room any good ?
We have interconnecting rooms booked does anyone know their location?

thanks

Jim

Hi there, we had heard that men had to wear long trousers on an evening but this wasnt the case when we arrived and my husband wore smarter shorts mosts nights. I found that as a whole the dress code was quite casual for both men and women on an evening.

Please tell your wife and daugher to take at least one hairdryer between them-i never and regretted it the minute i turned the hairdryer on to realise it was rubbish. :duh

what type of room do you have? we had a junior suite and ours was interconnecting but locked as we never used the room next door. (other people were in it) We stayed in Block 10 near the beach with a sea view.

Have a great time
Thanks Elise
Looks like the hairdryers will be getting packed.
I have only booked the standard interconnecting room as we never spend much time in the room whilst away.
Can anyone tell me what the block numbers are near to the childrens pool please ???
Pearman block 5 or 6 are next to the childrens pool.
thanks again running caz, a friend fromwork was there last year but couldn't remember
Might sound a bit of a daft question but what electric sockets do they have in the rooms ? will the two pin adaptors do ?
Also did anyone notice any Wi Fi within the hotel?
Yes you need the 2 pin adaptors not sure about the wi fi though.
Just found out from reading other posts that there is free wifi at Starbucks which is very nearby. Internet is available at the hotel but can work out quite pricey if you spend a lot of time on it.
Visiting Red Sea Holiday Village next month and looking for a good location for standard interconnecting rooms.
Any advice as to which block to request would be much appreciated.
I understand some are located in block 10 , can anyone advise if this is a good location ? does it get any sun etc.

Thanks in advance

Jim
hi jim

we stayed in block 4 and our friends were in block 7 and both had interconnecting rooms even though the door was locked, so I am thinking they must be all over the complex!
if you are looking for a recommendation for which block to pick I would go with 7 as it got the sun all day from first thing to very late, it's fairly close to the pools and a la cartes too, our block 4 was too far away from the pools bt great for the restaurant and also very noisy at night from the beach disco

I found the hairdryer in the bathroom fine, have short hair but it was great much better than expected.

if you want anything just shout
Thanks for the replies
Block 4 or 7 would have been ideal but i have been in touch with the hotel and have been offered block 13 above the swim up rooms. Although towards the back of the resort and a short walk from the amenities i understand it overlooks the quiet pool and has sun all day as well as a side sea view so should be ok
Two weeks today :cheers
Hi jimbouk, we are going in approx 4 weeks and want to email ahead re rooms so just wandered which email address you used (as I've found a few) and how soon before travelling did you email your requests? Cant' wait!!! :cheers
Hotel advised us to contact them appx 2 weeks before we aarived and i used this email address

Ramy Moris ramy-moris@coralsearesorts.com
Hi Jim

Block 13 is at the back of the resort and is next to the quiet pool - if memory serves it's the only block that is 3 storeys high too - and there are no lifts so if have kids and pushchairs try for one of the lower floors

You will have a ball we are still talking about it now and came back in mid Oct 08!!
Thanks for info.....have a fantastic holiday :cheers
Does anybody know if you are allowed lilo's in the swimming pools ? And if so can you buy them on site and how much are they, normally take a decent qualityone with us then leave it behind but with our daughter that much bigger this year we're more bothered about the weight of our baggage

Thanks
You are definately allowed them, there were lots in the aclimatised pool when we were there. Not sure on prices but I would imagine you would be better off bringing your own if you have the space.
what are the best blocks for a standard room ? I've contacted the hotel to try and upgrade before we go but told that its not allowed, have to wait untill we get there. Not sure I want to chance it so might just request a standard room in a decent location. Any sugggestions anybody ??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.