Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
There is a supermarket just outside the hotel,turn left. They sell lilos etc. Not sure on prices but my mum bought a mask & snorkel from there and it was only £4.00 english and it was a good one. Whatever you want to buy you won't find anywhere cheaper than this supermarket.

Standard rooms in block 5 or 6 are in a good location, in the middle of everything.
just got a reply from the hotel to say standard rooms are only in blocks 10-14, Im confused, has anybody stayed in a standard room in any other block and are they just trying to get me to upgrade ?
We are going to the Holiday Village on the 30th June and really looking forward to it. There will be myself, the hubby, my two boys (aged 10 & 5) and my mother in law. We have been told that we will be in block 10 in an interconnecting room on the ground floor. My mother iin law has difficulty walking, is this the best place to be placed? We have been in touch with the contact at George's Bar about trips, has anyone come back recently who has been on trips booked through them?
Thanks
Katherine :wave:
Hi Pearman

We were in a standard rooms and were block 14, on the 1st floor, I did email ramy and ask for nice rooms in a quiet area and he gave me ones on the end of the block so we did have a sea view which we didn't pay for, but we didn't use the balconys much as we were always at the pools, on the beach or getting ready to go out. I think any other kind of upgrades, ie Jacuzzi suites, swim-up rooms, sea views in blocks to the front of the resort, you will have to pay for.

I don't necessarily think they are trying to get you to upgrade, the standards are mainly in blocks 10 to 14. Sometimes people who have booked standards seem to be put in better rooms free but that seems to be in Nov, Dec etc when it isn't full. It was full when we were there.

We found 14 fine it's at the back of the resort and is one of the blocks that have three floors and are a different colour to the rest (sort of mustard colour) It was close to the main buildings where the main buffet & reception are, it's also close to the acclimatised pool. It was a good location for us as this was the pool we used. It's quite a long way from the Laguna Vistas annoying beach disco as well but I could still just about hear it, but it goes off midnightish so no worries unless you like really early nights.

Hope you have a great holiday. We really enjoyed it there.

Doe :wave
Well I personally wouldn't want to be in either block 10 or 14 as its right up the other end away from the main pool and beach and al a cartes and entertainment area etc. All the activity seemed to be around the main pool etc.

We had 2 standard rooms in block 6 room numbers 6101 & 6104.
Hi, I notice in the most recent review that anti bacterial dispensers are placed outside the restaurant which seems a good idea (a friend said they had the same on her cruise) but was curious if most people use it as I have noticed in hospital that many don't?!!!! Recent reviews have been very positive......can't wait :sun2
hello all :)
we are looking at booking to go here next easter,can anyone tell me what the weather is like?
also what the beach is like?will the kids be able to build sandcastles?and also will they be able to paddle and play in the sea?(ive heard in some parts your not allowed due to the coral)
thank you in advance xxx
Been to sharm 3 times normally March or April and the weather is pefect for us. Hot days, but the nights are not too bad. A minor downside for some might be that you start to lose the sun round the pool about 4.30 to 5pm, but I wouldnt go in summer as its too hot for us.

The beach is kind of coarse sand. if you go to the Egypt gallery on here am sure there are pictures of the beach. its not fine yellow sand like you get in spain/algarve but its OK for kids to play with. You can enter the sea from tehe beach the coral is much further out at Nabq but there are weeds which might put some little ones off a bit. That said we waded out as far as the end of the jetty, but not with little kids. It's very shallow.
thank you for your reply :)
ill go and look at the pictures.
that was my main worry about the kids not being able to paddle or play in the sand coz they love it.

sorry another question,do you have to take your own beach towels?
No you get towel cards to change for towels each day. :tup
Hi everyone, we go on Monday for 10days .....4sleeps woooho!!!, So far ive gathered that

You dont need to take towels....
You can buy anything you need from the supermarket outside hotel and turn left.....
Get all the trips you could want from Pete in St Georges Bar.... (not sure where to walk to find him from HV tho)
There are hairdyers in the rooms.....
Its better to exchange english for egyptian money over there as the rate is better......
Use local remedies for tummy upsets etc, as they work better......

Think ive just made myself even more exited, After loosing our kids suitcases for 8days last holiday - i am so going more prepared this time!
Just a quick one from me, does anyone know where i can get upto date info on whats allowed and whats not in handluggage? thanks.

Is there anything anybody would like us to look out for, or find out for you while we are there? jen :)
:sun2 Please can anyone advise on mobile phone costs from Sharm or whether it is cheaper to call from a phone box using a phone card and if so do they have these in Holiday Village.

Alternatively does anyone know the phone costs when calling from your room.

Travelling with a 16 year who's in love and can't go a day without speaking to his girlfriend :rofl
mobile phone charges vary with your operater.
i am with 3 network and the charges are £1 a min and 50p per text.

check with your network provider on line.
hello everyone,just another quick question
what is the dress code for meal times?and do they supply highchairs in the resturants?
Troops,
They do have high chairs in restaurants. Dress code is casual,most people were in t shirts and sort of long shorts even in the al a cartes.
Do not use the phone in your room. We did it last year and ended up with a bill of neartly £100!
Hi all,

My husband has asked where he can watch the British Lions Tour in South Africa on TV and is Churchills bar near hotel a rip off?

Which water park is best?

Anybody been to the Hard Rock cafe in Sharm recently?

Only 3 sleeps to go!!!! :hols
hi i have been informed that churchills is a total rip-off on trip advisor but have not been there so only earsay..

personnaly i have arranged to go to st georges bar which is just down the road from churchills to watch the rugby.
they are on facebook if you want to contact them or just look at the site.
mike
Where on Facebook?

I've searched St Georges and nothing appears to come up, or whats their website?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.