Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Cheers for the reply John, I have emailed the hotel and requested 2 rooms in block 5 or 6, received an email back within minutes from "Ahmed" who said he would do his best to try and accomodate my request. Cant really do much more, just wait and see. I will email him again nearer the time to ask him to empty the mini bar before we arrive as I have read its really expensive and I can't trust the boys with all the choccie bars. We were going to go to the supermarket & stock up on cans of pop & bottled water instead. Do we need to take beach towels with us??
Any hints & tips would be gratefully received, kind regards, Jane.
Hi all we got back home back home this morning.
Had an excellent holiday. Cannot speak highly enough regarding the In2Action/Production Team9entertainment)!! Especially Craig, Sam, Sammy :tup
I will give my opinion once I have time to sit and do my review.
All I can say that please be careful not to leave any items by the ampitheatre at nights because you won't get them back. I won't go into detail but I wasn't the only one to lose items of less importance to us but to be later seen being even removed (or worn!) by the towel boys.

Oh yes we visited the infamous St.Georges' twice. It was empty with little going on. The place to be is 'The Three Crowns' which is just across the road from the village and is a British owned bar which has people in it and is also the bar used by the reps.
Hi everyone, 12 days to go now, can anyone answer me a question please?
I have heard that the hotel provides pool towels, would you still recommend taking your own beach towels? many thanks, Jane. :que
no dont take your own just change them at the towel shed on the beach every day..
Thanks for the reply,
Do you have any hints or tips you could give me :tup
Jane.
We took a couple of our own towels to bag a couple of beds as the pool lads only arrive approx 9am. Didn't want to do that but if you don't you won't get beds with an umberella and believe me you need one especially if you've got children. Because everyone else does your forced into it. Have a great time :cheers
We took our own towels as well, as its easier to identify your own beds rather than just look at a sea of the same towels. I suppose it depends on if you are happy to make room for them in the case or if you would rather have more clothes.
will give you one tip be carefull if you wish to ride the small quad bikes on the beach they are not insured.you ride up+down a small path past the hotels and there are lots of small lights which if you break one and get caught it will cost you £50. or they threten to take you to the police station.
the first choice rep said they have had a few people on this..
thanks for the tip about the quad bikes, I'll have to steer my boys well away, was thinking of booking quad biking with Pete from St Georges Bar to keep them happy :clap
Does anyone know if there are hairdryers in the family suites :que
many thanks, Jane :wave:
Im sure there will be hair dryers we were in standard rooms and they had them :cheers
Hi we had a standard room and yes you have a hair dryer.
We took our own towels, handy for drying off from the beach as the beds are impossible to lie on without a towel, with being red hot and sweaty. Your own towels are useful also, if you want to do excursions such as the water park or boat trip. I would certainly pack a couple at least.
thanks for that, have decided to take our own towels. would anyone recommend taking egyptian money :que
I would use Egyptian Money, but take Sterling and change it there.

When you come out of the front of the holiday Village from reception end onto the main road, turn right walk past the Laguna Vista hotel entrance, keep on walking and then set slightly back from the road are about 6 banks. Some Arab banks which we used and a big HSBC. Arab bank was closer and it was about 90 degrees lol. Everyone in the banks speak English.

We changed up about 200 sterling that I had drawn out at Gatwick into Egyptian Pounds (LE), better exchange rate there than here. I think I needed my passport for ID, but he barely looked at it. Great aircon in there lol.

Later in the week we need a little more, but it was nighttime and I just drew the equivalent of 50 UK out of one of the cashpoints, in front of the same banks.

It's all really easy so no need to stress about money.

Doe :wave
anybody give me the email address for the holiday village red sea :cheers
The email address for the holiday village is ramy-moris@coralsearesorts.com
  • Edited by David 2009-08-30 21:26:17
    Edited to correct email address
Does anyone know if the playstations in the kids dens are usable??? Is there a charge?? Can you play normal UK (PAL) games on them ??
The reason I am asking is, if any of my boys are unwell and have to stay in the room I thought maybe it would be a good idea!!
Hello
well just to say were so looking forward to going on the 29th November
the place is wicked and cant wait i have read that some people are not happy with St Georges some have wrote we went to the
infamous St.Georges' and nothing was going on and there's a better pub the three crowns
this is because Pete's daughter has JUST had baby 3 weeks ago maybe this is why there's not a lot going on
his a wicked guy with loads of good trips to offer and go's out of his way for you and we cant wait to go back and see him in November
for every one that's going soon have a wicked holiday if there's anything you like to know let me know
have a fantastic holiday
:sun2
Hello shandygirl I find your post quite offensive. I was speaking from OUR experience from OUR holiday to Egypt. We did find the 3 Crowns was the place to go and was letting people know. That is what this forum is for!!
We did try St. Georges' on past reccomondation and was disapointed not to have met up with Pete and his family. Infact there was only one other couple in the bar and we did email St.Georges' 3 weeks prior to our holiday, about possible booking up some excusrsions and had no reply!
Maybe they have had a baby but hey are we meant to be psychic?
The 3 Crowns was a very good pub and seemed to be where everyone was hanging out. Plus I am sure people will judge for themselves, where they want to go and not jump on the defence!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.