Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hello all, I was due to go to HV Sharm in Oct 'o8 and cancelled due to the bad reports about sickness etc. They were really bad at the time and we were too worried to go! We re-arranged our holiday to the HV in Turkey and had a great time!
We've just booked AGAIN for the HV Sharm in May '10, after reading all the wonderful reviews we've decided to give it a go!!
My husband has banned me from Trip Advisor! as this was the reason for us cancelling our last trip here! :sun2
doepsmc
Thanks for your reply and also backing evidence that I am telling the truth.
I did price check between First Choice, Aquarius and St.Georges'. To be honest there was not much difference in the prices. Aquarius seemed to come out the slight better deal out of the 3 but on some trips FC worked out better. Also when booking excursions I would rather go with FC so if anything happened you have a UK based comapany to chase up any claims after also. I would feel in safer hands with the travel agent.
Also Aquarius seemed to be taking lots of bookings and they must be alright as otherwise surely they would not be able to walk around the hotel complex advertising their excursions?
End of day anybody can tell you they are fully insured until something happens.

Have a great holiday Dolly :cheers
Hi guys not long till we go roughly 6/7 weeks :rofl iv been in touch with stgeorges bar and got some good orices of the trips they do :D could anyone tell me how you get onto there facebook as i cant find it thanks :cheers
Hi can anyone tell me if they used the health suite at the Holiday Village ,i was there last year and loved it :tup so going again in 5 weeks but never used the health suite but fancy it this time ,bit unsure what to expect and is it worth the money :que
Hiya Donnamac

I did. To be honest it was a bit hit and miss, but the general 'pool talk' was that everyone had enjoyed their treatments. I would use it again but just be better prepared.

The therapists are very good, the problem is the administration. Where we went wrong was we booking time slots in the run ups to an evening meal in the a la cartes and they ran appalling late. We felt under stress as we were worried we would lose our meal slot and inconvenience DH and DS, so not relaxing at all.

Next time I would got at maybe 10am so that if the time schedules slipped it would be no matter.

When DD16 went for a manicure they kept her waiting 30 mins and then sent her away and said to come the next day. I was really upset as she went down on her own and I thought this was shabby treatment. So I made a complaint to the hotel Management.

They are very pushy round the pool don't pay the price they ask it's dearer than here. Barter them down, they will do deals for multipule treatments.

If you don't want to use them at all you really need to blank them completely. If you show an iota of interest they will not leave you alone all week. I know our culture is not to blank people but you really must do this or they will be a pain. She kept stroking my hubbies hairy legs and asking if he wanted a wax. :yikes :yikes

Prices in $ so if you are dozy like me you spend ages working it out, ie $ to sterling and then sterling to LE. :rofl

I had two massages by default. I asked for a female and was given a male, so at the Managers cocktail party I did mentioned this i9n passing and embarassingly got a free massage. :oops: Both of the massages were excellent. I also had a coco scrub which was lovely.

Doe :wave
  • Edited by doe 2009-08-16 20:42:14
Thank you Doe , i remember the staff coming round the pools last year which put me off going but i just pretended to be asleep :rofl but i heard the coco scrub was good so thanks for the quick reply and i will take on all u have said ;) Thank you :wave:
I hope I havent put you off the treatments were great. I think the people round the pool must be on nil pay & 100% commission and that is why they are such a pain. If they get a sniff that you are interested you are their new best friend.

I had some sort of combi treatment it's listed at the bottom of their leaflet think it was supposed to be $120 dollars but am sure I didn't pay that. Was 10 mins spa, 10 mins sauna, 5 mins steam to prepare the skin, then coco scrub and shower, then a 55 min aroma massage. :tup
When we were there last year we got 'approached' by the spa staff and they wanted £60 for 2 massages. We knocked them down to £40 for the full works. Body scrub, sauna, swim and massage. It was lovely. Only problem was when the masseuse took his shoes off to stand on the frame of the bed just below my head, his feet stunk to high heaven!!! :yikes

Nearer the end of the week we were told the hotel next door, Laguna Vista was a lot cheaper, so we decided to go there for a pedicure and eye brow threading. My husband had a sports massage and paid £9. It was cheaper and they were very friendly. So I would recommend going there.

Hope that helps,

Emma
Hi Emma ,Thank you thats really good to know did not know you could go to another hotel so will look onto that :cheers do not fancey smelly feet next to my face when trying to relax :rofl hope you had a good hoilday when you were there i can not wait to go back only 30 sleeps left :wave:
We had a great time there last year. Wish we going back this year but have booked for the Aqua Fantasy Aquapark in Turkey for 2 weeks time. Looking forward to it but I still wish I was going back here. There's always next year!!!!

The Laguna Vista staff may approach you if you're walking along the beach path but the spa literally is just up the side of the hotel just off the beach path. It's well worth a visit.

Enjoy your hols. :cheers
Emma
Hi stemma we booked turkey same place for next year so when you get back pm me and let me no what its like thanks :cheers
Hi doepsmc you are not kidding about the pestering around the pool. I mentioned this on my 'Customer Satisfaction' form for the hotel. I said The spa people need to learn that the word 'No' means No.
Honestly you arrive there late anyway, have a nights sleep, find a lounger the next morning, and they are there hunting out the milk bottle bodies, as they call us. I nearly complained about one of them, a young local, with curliesh hair, always wore sunglasses. Day one he approached us and got his pad out and went on about his magic potion, that would prevent us from burning and drawing us diagrams. I had already said no three times to this point, saying we had just arrived and would like to think about it first. Big mistake! He went on to how important it was to have it done straight away. Then went on to his massage techniques. He could not talk me round into letting him massage me, at the poolside but my husband allowed him to be demonstrated on. After a quick shoulder rub on my oh, he then turned to my one of my children and said 'Take your Mums top off!'. I got up and walked away at this point, as I was getting really fed up of him going on by now. Anyway he continued to go on about prices including for my children, who are 9 and 10! As if we were going to let any man go rubbing his hands all over our girls!
Anyway he eventually left and said, I will see you this afternoon maybe. Well didn't he just mean that afternoon also. Back he came saying come with me now. I was like I have said no, it's not my thing, I'm not interested, It's day one and I just want to lie and relax. He went on 'You don't know how to relax, started going over his selling tactics again. Anyway he finally gave up and went away.
Next morning he was back. A clear no seemed to do it this time, but not before he told me' That I don't know how to relax and all my family happy and I spoil their holiday for them, It was all my fault!'.
I was so angry. I just thought how rude was that?
Other staff from the spa approached us within our 14 days there but they just walked away when you said no. Even if you were dozing they would be standing over you saying 'Hello'.
However I can not speak for the treatments as I did not have any. I would like to know if the instant browning method works though, do you avoid going red and come back with a glowing tan?
Hi Beth :)

Sorry cant answer about the instant browning method, but in my opinion if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. lol.

They really were a bit of a pain at the heated pool. They never left people alone.

My DH actually ended up shouting at the dyed blond woman when she kept stroking his furry calves :yikes and asking him to wax. You really dont need it when you are trying to relax.

We also had the boy that you mention, the young one with the aviators. Very pushy. Its a shame, because apart from being a bit disorganised they are OK down at Butterflies, if you pick you timing right.
Ihave tried searching through this thread and hope someone can help me please. What are the Laundry facilities like and how expensive. Thanks
Hi Heather there is a laundry service avaliable if needed ,when you get to your room there is a price list in the wardrobe :) where they will come and pick up your washing and deliver it back to you either the same day or the next morning :D i never used the service but my friend did and she thiught the prices were good ,hope that helps a bit :sun2
We got laundry done in cyprus just the clothes 4 of us wore on flight out and got a bill for 104 euro's :yikes :yikes so add it all up first :cry
We have used the luandry service in a few places in Egypt and in January in Luxor we paid £18 :?: at the end of the week for all our clothes.

Prices do vary so check the price on the laundry list first :tup

Graham
Thanks very much for that. I will certainly check the prices we have been caught out like that before. When we stayed at Kiroseiz they washed and pressed a bag full for around £8, well worth it.
Where do I find the photos of the HV, as I can only find Sharm el Sheikh or Coral Sea photos in the photo section.

Many thanks...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.