Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Have you checked with your travel insurance that they are happy for you to travel if you have recently been hospitalised and still not fully recovered? You will need to declare this as a pre-existing medical condition.

luci :wave
Yes my insurance company is fully aware of all my pre existing medical conditions.

I'm just enquiring about the hospital facilities etc for peace of mind.

Many Thanks.
Hi Steph-Peds, sorry I can't help with info about the hospitals. Just want to sympathize with you as I know how you're feeling. We fly to Zante tomorrow and at the moment I'm suffering with a socket infection after a tooth extraction. It's been agony and I've been back to my dentist a few times. I had it in the back of my mind that I may possibly not be able to go on hols but have been trying to find out about dentists on Zante, just in case.

It is getting a lot better so fingers crossed I won't need a dentist whilst I'm out there. I hope you'll be fine too- Good luck and enjoy.
by the time you get on the vodkas or Bacardi you will never notice it...if you do drink more :rofl :rofl
There is a hospital in PDLA called Hospiten. They have interpreters and having used it before, it is excellent. There are also private hospitals and doctors (but I cannot remember the names)

a
It's extremely doubtful you will be able to obtain Pethidine over the counter at a pharmacy as it's a controlled drug....you may however be able to get it through the hospital pharmacy if you can get an A&E doctor to write you up for it

There are also restrictions on the amounts of controlled drug you take with you imposed by Customs
Have a look here to make sure you don't exceed the amount you can carry out of the country

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_InfoGuid
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.