Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi,

Just got back last Friday and had a great time. There are 2 big pools and 1 small paddling pool for babies/toddlers. The hotel was full when we were there but there was plenty of room in the pools.
Give me a shout if you need any more info.

Enjoy.
Thanks Lorraine
we are due to go on 30th july. can you tell me if the air con was on 24 hours in your room and could you adjust it yourself? with the heat here the last week we have been having trouble sleeping so was hoping the rooms would be cool. also what are the drinks like, can you get bottled water on the all inclusive deal. we are looking forward to going away. did you have a good time?
hi lorraine was there a fridge in the room or could you hire one?
Hi,

I'll put a review on in the next couple of days but yes we all had a really good time. 1st all inclusive I've been on but it worked really well as I had my son and 2 nephews with us - I didn't feel we spent much money at all. We had the air con on 24hrs a day in both rooms - if you take the key off the fob and just leave the fob in the slot then your room is nice and cool when you get back - it has a control on the wall but as it was so hot we had ours on full blast all the time - it works better if your balcony doors are shut. I was drinking loads of cups of iced water from the pool bar but didn't see anyone get bottles from them, however in the pizzeria there are 2 water dispensers and in the restaurants there is a water tap, red & white wine tap and fresh orange, apple and pineapple juice. From the pool bar adults can get 3 drinks at a time and kids 1 drink at a time. I did see people filling plastic bottles in the restaurant. There aren't any fridges in the rooms and I'm unsure if you can rent one. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Thanks for the info lorraine am really looking forward to going. am glad the rooms will be cool at night as find it hard to sleep in hot weather. We have never been all inclusive either and kids cant wait for the ice cream! sounds like good hotel to visit.
Yes the aircon was a godsend we would never have got to sleep otherwise, we had no problem sleeping there. Funnily enough I've found it really hard getting to sleep since I've come back home I think I must have got used to the aircon!!! :roll:
Yes its been really hot here for a change. Did you visit any of the waterparks? my children usually enjoy them and I was wondering if they would be worth a visit.
No we didn't visit them as we were told the nearest one (which I think was Arenal) was about 75 minutes away by bus and was really busy. It was just so hot we decided not to bother as I was also a bit worried about the kids getting burned.
I dont fancy travelling too far buses get so hot and it will be peak season when we go so might stay by the pool and sea. can you hire pedaloes on the beach?
I don't think you can hire them from Cala Domingos beach but I know you can at Porto Cristo. We did a glass bottom boat trip from Cala Domingos but you had to walk down some steps off the cliff to get onto the boats they don't actually go right into the beach. We bought our tickets from the rep but when we showed our tickets at the boat pick up the rep had given us the wrong info. The 2 sales people said it happens all the time and they have been getting a lot of flak from customer's due to the reps giving the wrong times etc. I think it worked out slightly cheaper to buy your tickets at the boat pick up. The trip was really good.
Thanks Lorraine. Might try that trip on the boat. Did you go to the caves of drach? I was wonderring if they were worth a visit.
No, unfortunately we didn't have enough time on the day we went to Porto Cristo. My parents have been to the Caves before though and said it was really good - we might do it if we go again. It was so hot in Majorca when we were there that we really didn't do much apart from the boat trip and a trip to Cala Millor in the bus.
Hi lorraine the kids want me to ask can you get ice cream and lolly ices throughout the day or just at meal times? thanks
There weren't any ice lollies while we were there, unless you paid for them in the cafe bar which is at the front of the hotel. At the pool snack bar there is a freezer with small tubs of ice cream and they have the same tubs in the restaurant at lunch and dinner times which the kids can help themselves to. They had vanilla, hazelnut, strawberry and chocolate flavours. At lunch and dinner times they had lots of other sweets as well like jelly, trifles, mousse, tiramisu, cakes etc.
Hi Lorraine thanks for the information you have given us for our hols it has been really helpful. Only two more days and we go on sunday we are really looking forward to it.
Oh I wish it was me - I'm sure you'll all have a great time. 8)
Can anybody tell me if there is a shop onsite at the hotel, I am travelling shortly with my 2 children who are fussy about their cereal!! :
thanks
No there isn't a shop onsite. There are quite a variety of cereals at breakfast though. The shops and supermarket are about 5 minutes walk away.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.