Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
sorry cant give an help on this hotel as we stayed in the horizon . the weather will be hot ,hot ,hot can go up to high 30's i loved altinkum great shopping lovely beach.
have a good holiday :wave:
Thanks Mira,As long as its hot thats all that matters,Even if hotel not up to much sure we can survive for a week :cheers
Sorry spelt your name wrong sorry Myra.
I've just come back from a stay at Atac and you probably don't want to hear this but it was the most awful place. The second week of the holiday had to be spent at another hotel because the owner of Atac became rude and agressive towards us and we had t get our tour operator move us.
Was it really that bad?Was it the hotel its self that was bad or the staff heard they can be quite bad if you dont spend in the hotel bar or resturant .We are going B/B so we can suit ourselfs during the day as my sister is also going to Altikum same time but different hotel so will be spending time out and about Hotel only a place to sleep. :sun2
My friend and I went B&B too. All our time was spent out of the hotel, we didn't even use the pool. The hotel is certainly not 3* as advertised. I was so upset by my experience there I have done a review on some holiday sites. Without going into too much detail (unless you want it) some of the issues we had were:

Sheets - we stayed for 8 days before moving and the bed sheets had never been changed in that time.
Towels - the towels only get changed once a week and only if you ask.
Bathroom - tiny/cramped. Toilet didn't flush very well. No hot water in the mornings. On two ocassions no water in the hot tap.
Room - small. no view. one electrical socket only. No phone in our room.
Balcony - so small you struggle to get 2 people out there.
Reception - only the night receptionist speaks English. There are others who speak a little English but they're not always available.
Breakfast - very little choice. Tomatoes, cucumber, feta, olives, salami?, bread (no facility to make toast) scrambled/boiled eggs, omlette, water melon, orange concentrate, tea, coffee.
Staff - no-one takes responsibility for anything. Harrass you to stay and eat/drink there.

My friend and I were travelling on our own with no men with us and we found we were harrassed by some of the male staff. At one point we thought we would have to but a chair up against our room door.

If you want to see my review, go to Tripadvisor and it's the one called 'Avoid like the plague!!'

You could be lucky and have a better experience than us as it seems some people have been made more welcome than we were, but no-one in the local area had a good word to say about the hotel or the owner.

If all you want is somewhere to sleep of a night, then this place is relatively clean, but like I say other amenities were lacking.
We have never stayed at this hotel but, we have stayed at many in altinkum some good some bad and I have to honest and say for us it was ok even in the bad ones as we were out all the time. Enjoy altinkum anyway whatever the hotel is like. :tup Jacqui
Thanks Joshy,Phoned Co-op travel and asked for different hotel i have seen some other reviews seems horrendous as i have a heart condition do not need the stress we go on holiday to relax not get ill lol holiday company phoning me back tommorow to sort something out.I told them to check out Trip Advisor as new reviews coming in daily.And as a big company like them dont want to bad publicity sending people to this kind of hotel.As we fly out next Monday hope they can find us somewhere else.Thanks again hopefully you,ve saved us from holiday from hell. :cheers
Although Atac was a dissapointment, the holiday overall was great. Altinkum is a very lively place to be and the weather was fantastic.

We got moved to a hotel called Nazar which was closer to Main Beach. It was about a 5 minute walk but meant it was far enough away to not be disturbed by the hustle and bustle of the bars and restaurants there. Nazar was good.

I booked with Thomas Cook and would have thought they too would check hotels out better than they do...never mind.

Hope it works out for you and you have a great holiday.
Hi joshy and welcome to HT!

We would appreicate it you could post a review on HT via Hotel Reviews at the top of the page.

luci :wave
Hi Luci,

i can't find hotel Atac in your Turkish listings and can't figure out how to create a review....sorry!

Can you help please?
Sorry about that. We have a topic in our Help & Assistance forum where members can ask for hotels to be added.

I have added it for you HERE

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.