Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Travel Republic are showing bookings to the Orion for 2008.

Have you stayed at this hotel before?
We have just returned from the triton which is owned by the same family and apparently they are both up for sale but, as the asking price is very high the staff who work between the two hotels do not think they will be sold before the start of the holiday season for 2008.
Hello Mikemarn @ Jacqui,
I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past and always enjoyed it.The reason i am asking is because someone has a post on Holidays Uncovered saying that it is for sale or may be turned into apartments.They also say that none of the major holiday companirs have them in their 2008 brochure
Hi Gulliver, I have just read that report on Holidays Uncovered, so now it looks as if I have to take the Orion off my list of possibilities for next May.

I don't think Altinkum will be on my list either. Wish I could find somewhere nice in Yalikavak. Anyone any ideas?

Marn.
Have you tried Ortakent? It is a nice resort and as it has a bus station there it is very easy to get around the peninsula. We were there a few year ago and at that time they were building a few new hotels etc, all of which are very close to the beach. Jacqui
Hi Jacqui, Thats the other place we are looking at. Found a hotel there for £8 pp per night AI. But it doesn't have very good reviews.

Don't know what to do. :hmmm
Hi Mikenmarn,
Ihave been looking at Turgutreis as an alternitive.Have you been there. Ive read some good reviews about it.
Hi Gulliver, We have been to Turgetreis on a day out from Bodrum, but didn't see too much of it. Lots of the hotels are spread out along the beach.

It's not only the resort that has to be OK, but I need a hotel which doesn't have lots of steps. The hotels I like are on the top of hills, which is great for the views, but no good for getting around.

Might stick with our original thought, Didim Beach Resort. Not too keen on the reviews, but we'll see.

Marn.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.