Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Unless you have specific reasons to do so - would not rewally recommend staying in Algeciras. While the old twon is ok quite frankly there is nothing there except refinary! In la linea - which is not too bad - has great tapas bars and is easy for Gibraltar you could always try Hostal La Campana - tel: 956 17 30 59, small place with rooms with bathroom and cheap-although dont know August prices. La Linea also has a few fairly good looking hotels along the front heading towards Algeciras. Gibraltar hotels can be expensive. Could also try Tariffa. (20 mins from Algeciras -)Plenty of hotels and good beaches and nice small town.

Hope this helps a bit.

Nivsy
Hi Nivsy,

I agree, Algeciras is not the nicest place in Spain. It is a bit of a dump in my opinion. However, I need to get over to Tangier and my flight into Gib is quite late in the evening. Last year I took the slow boat to Tangier late at night and it was awful. Not to mention the long wait in the port beforehand. The hydrofoil stops running early in the evening so I'd prefer to spend a night in a hotel and catch the early morning hydrofoil. Years ago there was a ferry service from Gib to Tangier, but for some reason that route no longer exists.

Thanks for the phone number for the Hostal La Campana. I will give them a call.

Sally
If you have no joy with that hostel - or are still stuck - let me know - next time I pop across to la linea i can see if i can find another hotel for you...

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.