Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Spent a few evenings at the Bali last week just to watch the shows.The Micheal Jackson night was good,and one night they had a extra unadvertised Belly Dance show which I thought was very entertaining.
The teams, "The Full Monty" strip scene when Victor, Pedro and Andrea, tore off their boxers to reveal skin coloured pants was side splitting.
Victor and his team put on a good show every night and keep the children happy.
Sanji Victor sends his regards.
Looking at the prices on here to upgrade and the prices to get there I think The Bali might be getting a bit greedy.

30 to 50 euros a day to upgrade seems a bit high to me. We stayed in The Bali for 8 years in a row but I dont think it is worth that sort of money.
I have just been on Thomson site and for me, my wife and 16 year old daughter travelling next August the all inclusive price is £3,330.

The self catering price is £1,985.

I think both prices are high. I know it is peak time but, for the sake of £15, £2000 for 2 weeks in Spain is too much. The all inclusive is, for me, a non starter. I like to go out and about to eat and drink not to be stuck in the same place because I have to eat and drink £1,345 worth (difference between self catering and all inclusive) before I break even.

Sorry but for me.............................total rip off.
If self catering would always chose private apts..would not pay that sort of money at the bali..! :really
Totally agree Dav. As you know we used to go to the Bali every year but not anymore.

In the past we have had some great deals but now it seems either TUI or Med Playa are getting greedy and that is why I saved 4 to 5 hundred pounds on the price of my holiday this year (based on self catering at the Bali) and went to Gran Canaria.

I priced the Bali for half board for this year and they wanted £2,500. I went self catering in Puerto Rico for £1,370 and there was no way I spent £1,130 on food.

Until there is a price drop at the Bali I wont be booking. Good hotel, very friendly and helpful staff but too expensive.
:wave: Hi can someone tell me what the beer is like on the A/I ? also i've heard that there is restictions on the A/I, if so doe's anyone know what they are??? :que
Davy,

The beer on A/I was draught San Miguel, and they used the same taps if you were paying for it too. They serve it in pints (400ml) either way, and it tasted fine to me!

I think you are restricted to 2 drinks per person per visit to the bar on A/I.
From half board: 15 Euro per adult, 10 Euro per child 8-12, Free for under 8's
From B+B: 23 Euro, 12 Euro, Free
From SC: 28 Euro, 14 Euro, Free

so looking at these prices its cheap then.most hotels will upgrade to a/i drink option or a/i drinks option and lunch for 3 to 4 euro more.i mean where can you get a lunch all you can eat for less than 3 euro.
I have to disagree with you DJ. To pay £2500 to go half board and then pay roughly £39 per day to upgrade to a/i is not cheap in my book.

That is still £3000 for two weeks in Spain. No way Jose.

Agreed all your food and drink are paid for but there is no way I would pay £3000 to stay in a hotel for 2 weeks and not get out to see the real Benalmadena, Benalmadena Pueblo, Mijas and Malaga to name but a few. I would wager that some visitors going on these a/i deals come home thinking the CDS consists of what the Bali has to offer and what the see out of the coach window from the airport to the Bali and back again.

A/I must be killing local bars and restaurants so is it any wonder that the likes of Ann and Brian are selling up at Pickwicks.

As I have said in an earlier post we went to Gran Canaria for £1376 and spent £1200 on everything. Total £2576. Only £76 more than what the Bali want for half board then you have your spending money.

So who got the better deal?
i am not agreeing on anything.me i don;t touch a/i at all.good if you like food at you drink alot.and have kids.its people choice how they like there hols to be.me and am out and about and don;t drink enough to cover the costs.bill up the road say who can drink for england and eat like a horse.it would suit him down to the ground.

mine you its nice when you get offered free drinks without the barman seeing it done.
We walked to the Bali last Thursday night to see a friend.
1.That hill nearly put me in Malaga's cardiac unit....I personally wouldn't tackle that hill daily, even for the cheapest "deal" in the tourist industry.
2. The place was half empty @10pm (the entertainment is now inside for the winter)
3. It was like a hell-hole with screaming kids running around.

I ordered a "Pacharan" for the hubby and a coke for me.
I had to stipulate that I wanted a bottle of coke and not the draught stuff, so the barman mumbles something about it's dearer... I say "no problema Señor".......so, he grunts back and toddles off into the back out of sight, to get a bottle of coke.

Anybody who drinks the Spanish drink called "Pacharan" knows that it should be served in a BRANDY glass. ( you'd think a barman would know.)
He poured it into the same shaped tall tumbler as he'd plonked on the bar for the coke....I'd also said "sin hielo" (no ice) and what did I get.? a glass with three ice cubes in it. :roll:

If this is what A/1 does to a place, (anything will do for the masses) IMO, sorry, but you can keep it.

Sanji
thats why its called cardiac hill.your spanish did not seem to get through to him them.i would of taken it back.and started again.
Well because of the stupid prices that the likes of the Bali (or TUI) want I'm off to Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria again next year.

£500 cheaper self catering and we are getting free breakfasts at the apartments we are staying at on top of that saving.

I wonder how many others will be doing similar things next year.
been looking today and you can stay at this hotel for two/h/b one week for £488.00 from east mids.ok its in nov/dec....but thats not a bad price.i won a cheap stay here once a few years ago.from ebay.£285.00 for two h/b one week,.but this person who sold holidays has finished now.shame.
Legends in Bonanza Square is THE place for watching football... good atmosphere, knowledgable host and some great memorabilia, movies and sport. Bit cramped inside but plenty of room on the terrace with screens outside
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.