Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi everyone,

I've booked to stay at the Bali Hotel for a week half board on 30th March 2006 with my husband and 2 children (aged 7 and 3) and also my mum and dad.

Could anyone tell me how i go about getting a fridge for my room? do i do this when i arrive?

Are there any better area's/rooms too stay in that i could request early on? I've heard mixed reviews about the rooms.

My dad is Guiness mad and i said i would ask where the nearest pub is that sells it, anyone know?

Has anyone been to the theme park type place over there (Is it Torremolinos?) and is it any good? Also anyone know about the Croc park?

Thanks so much. I'm getting a bit nervous now as i chose the place and i hope my family will enjoy it!
We stayed at the Bali last march and had a fantastic holiday. We requested a room with a view of the marina, which was very nice, it was warm enough for us to sit out and have a nightcap each night the view was stunning. We had a triple room so I don`t know wether they have larger rooms the same.

I wouldn`t worry about the rooms they are spotless and the maid service is excellent.

Your Dad shouldn`t have any problems getting guiness has there are loads of Irish bars.

Tivioli was only open at weekends when we were there but it might be different in April, we didn`t go as we were that busy we didn`t have time to fit it in. I would recomend a visit to Paloma park, take a bag of carrots and bread and the kids will be entertained for ages, especially feeding the rabbits.

The food is very good in the Bali with plenty of choice.

Christine W
Hi Cuteclairo, we stayed at the Bali in May 2005 and requested a low room overlooking the pool. There are two pools, well three if you include the childrens paddling pool but we were overlooking the pool, facing the sea in the "old block" The rooms were very clean and adequate but a bit dated. The rooms on the other side where reception is had been refurbished and some of the high ones had a view of the marina. If I stayed again then I would request one of those although by now the whole hotel could have been refurbed in which case the pool view is nice because you get a better atmosphere during the day watching everyone enjoying themselves.
We requested a fridge when we arrived but had to wait a couple of days for one, it was adequate but I've seen better ones on the tip at home, I can't remember how much it was perhaps about 3 euros a day, we could have bought one in that state for less at home but like I said, it did the job.
The hotel was very clean and reasonably priced, especially the snack bar by the pool. The food was cheaper than in most of the local bars.
The Gala night in the restaurant was very good, the ladies got a flower and the gents got a cigar. They come around and take your photo and you have the chance to purchase it for about 5 euros. The food is very good and there's plenty of choice.
We visited the Crocodile Park and found the guide very informative, don't know if it opens in the winter but we enjoyed the visit.
I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Sue :) :)
the kids would love Fuengarola zoo,there is a show put on every couple of hrs,it is good,they have some of the animals doing things,nothing frightening.it is not far from the bus station ask for burger king turn right then follow the road for max 5 mins.the animals are cared for.
We are off to the Bali in July (long awaited since we had to cancel last years!). We stayed there in July 04 and loved it. I have read in a recent review that there is building work going on again. Does anyone have any idea what they are doing?

Also, before I emailed 'Pepe' (I think that was his name), about some room requests, but cant find the email address. Could someone let me know that too?

Anyone else flying from Glasgow to the Bali on the 2nd?

Thanks,

EDIT: Merged with existing topic.
David HT Mod
We walked past the Bali in Febuary and there was some work going on. It was at the very top end of the Hotel (the bit of land behind the car park) they looked to be doing work on the grounds, I seem to remember it looking like a new pool but I could be wrong.

Christine W
My friend came back from the Bali last week and she said that the grassed area near the snack bar has been concreted over and they have made a stage for outdoor entertainment. She also said that there is now a bar at the back of the hotel (The back been where the studios are). It is indoors but apparantly has large glass windows so you can keep an eye on the kids. they were in the midst of building a large games area too but not sure where. I wonder if they have refurbished the rooms in the old block that overlooks the sea, when we were there last May, there was talk of it but I don't know if it has happened yet.

Sue :) :)
Hi all, My boyfriend is staying at the Hotel Bali in Benalmadena and I really need to contact him. I cannot find the number he left. Pleae help I have tried searching the internet and this is the only place I can look now.

Hope someone can point me in right direction
Ruth ta
Hi the number is 34 952 441 940. I don't know what goes before the number but BT should be able to give it to you. It might be 00.
Just looked up the international dialling code from the UK at it is 00.
In case any further contact details are required, CLICK HERE for the hotel's web page listing postal address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.

David :wave
hi we are going to the hotel bali on tuesday 16-5-06 my wife wants to know if there are hairdryers in the rooms or does she have to take her own
I`m sure that you wil have to take your own haidryier, I can`t remember them being any in the rooms last March.
staying at the Bali during the early part of the footy, just wondering if the footy will be on in the Bali for the 6.00 costa time kick- offs? probably watch the later kick-offs in the Green un
We will be in Urb Torremar between Benalmadena and Fuengirola for the first 3 weeks of the World cup, when we watched football before we watched in Bonanza Square and it was good, but seems that everyone is mentioning the Green Un for the football, just wondered exactly where it is and are children allowed,
thanks for your help. :shock: :shock:
Hi there its just off the main street just passed barclays bank, down the hill towards the beach, nothing special about it, but loads of tvs and a grand pint of carlings, and you can have a bet on the horses and children were allowed in, discovered it for the last world cup what an atmosphere and that was at 8.30 in the morning, just passed the green un theres a lovely little square full of nice bars, buddys is most accomadating have to say much more pleasent than the bonanza area
Thanks for the info will definately give it a try, can't remember seeing the Barclays bank though, is it on the coast road,
Thanks again :roll:
Barclays Bank is on Avda Antonio Machado (N340) near the Triton Hotel. The "lovely little square" is called Plaza Ole and the road leading to it from the main road is called Calle Ole.
Theres a problem over here with the TV rights, a relatively small coverage station won them, Sexta its called. The only way to be absolutely certain you see all the games is to check out the advertising boards, there are hundreds of bars that will be showing the games. Maybe the Bali doesn't have Sky.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.