Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
hotel bali
157 Posts
weather depends on when she's going!
Yes the beer is still cheap in the surrounding bars - friends from UK came at the weekend and could'nt believe you could get a pint for about 60p.
The walk from the Bali to the bars is not very far - keep the noise down when you come back as I will be trying to sleep (live behind the Bali) :lol: :lol:
Can anyone tell me if there is a dress code for evening meal times
Good to see the price of beer is reasonably cheap. The Mrs likes a cocktail on holiday, are the prices for the more "exotic" drinks reasonable ? do they use local spirits ?

Going to the Bali in mid July, it would appear that the entertainment is well suited to my 10 year old daughters tastes but what about local pubs, anyone recommend one with a bit for the kids ?
We are going to the Hotel Bali near the end of July.
How do the bar prices at the Hotel compare to the bars outside the Hotel.
well a few years ago the bar prices in the hotel were 2.4 euros for a beer and 1.5 for a pop!
I can't remember how much it was for anything else!
Outside you can get a beer from most places for 2 euros or less. The marina is a bit dearer so you're looking at about 3 euros for a pint but when you think thats only about 2 quid so still not that bad!
Within 1-3 minutes walk though thre area few bars that do 1 euro a pint or 1.25!
Hi does anyone know if you can hire fridges at the bali i am going mid july half board,thanks for any info cheers.
Hi does anyone know if the bali as air conditioning in every room, and if so do you control it yourself thanks :?: :?:
I would like to know this to Beswick so hope someone can help! : :)
Thinking packing my desk fan in my suitecase just to be safe than sorry...
Remember one year going to a Hotel in Menorca with no air conditioning took our fan with us was a god send others were not so lucky and their rooms were lik ovens and i think it was about the same time July when we visited....
when we went there a few year back they had aircon and the control was on the wall.
Does anyone have an up to date email address for the Hotel Bali?
The address bali@medplaya.com keeps getting returned!
Cheers
Ignore my last post I was linking to @meplaya instead of medplaya
Ta
I've been reading all the posts re. the Bali. I have been before about 9 years ago but it was a self catering holiday - Going half board on Sept.23rd. 2 adults and my 7 year old grandson. Can anyone give me a room number for a good room. If I could get an idea of a room number I would email the Bali now.
:lol: we came back 2 weeks ago our room was on the same level as the bar reception pool etc looking over the bottom pool nice but for, we had a lot of noise from kids knocking on door and and drunks passing to selt catering appartments.so i would say you want to be on that side of the hotel over looking the bottom pool but on the top two levels 7 or 8 away from bars noise etc and the only passing traffic is room numbers on your level hope this makes sense i got a plan of the hotel some were if i can find it i will post the level name and numbers later hope this helps. :lol:
We had a great room overlooking the bottom pool. The number was 2411.
It was on the 4th floor but as the bali is on a hill it is only 2 floors above reception level!
Yes you do hear everyone coming back to their rooms and the walls are quite thin but you got used to it after a day or two!
The views of the sea are very nice and in the evening you can sit and watch all the boats!
Many thanks Beswick & Chivas. I think I will ask for a room on the side you have mentioned but on a higher level. Might not be as busy at the end of Sept. as it would be mid July/August. It was September the last time I went and it was fairly busy but maybe not quite as many children. I am really looking forward to it! Getting quite excited now just talking about it :lol:
I would like to pass on a message to Victor, the entertainment organizer Is there anyone at the Bali now.
I live at the back of the Bali - pm me - I will be back home in a couple of hours.
I have emailed the Bali to request a room on a high floor facing the bottom pool. A week later - still no reply, so I email again. Another week later and I finally received a one line email basically saying they are busy! I know others have emailed the hotel so can anyone tell me if their email request has been honoured? and if they got the room they wanted on arrival? I'm a bit miffed to say the least - I would appreciate your comments. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.