Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The Bali does have Sky. All games to be shown are advertised around the hotel and are shown in the bar area.
Does anyone know if this hotel has an indoor pool?

also is it good?

nonnielane x

EDIT: Enquiry merged with this existing 5 page thread, which also contains links to our reviews page for this hotel
David HT Mod
Hi Nonnie,

No it dosnt have an indoor pool, at least it didnt when I was there a couple of years ago.

The hotel is BIG but very friendly and the food is great also you are only a short walk down cardiac hill from the front (the walk back up is longer at least it feels longer!!)

Hope you have a great time.

Regards,

Rob
Have the rooms at the Bali baths or just showers in the bathroom?
The room we stayed in had a bath and shower, we stayed on a hb basis
Thanks christine w, the Portland brochure was vague about this - I like a good soak!!
Have just booked to go here through the Thomsons website!
For the main 6 weeks holiday we got 2 weeks h/b for 2 adults and 1 child for £1390!
Before Xmas this was on the Portland site but they must have swapped them over to the Thomson site as you can no longer book it through Portland!
Ive heard that Victor the entertainment director of the Benidorm Regente hotel is now at the Bali.Can anyone confirm?Is he there now.
I spoke to Victor on either the 2nd/3rd of January and that was his last night in the Hotel Regente....a very sad night in one respect, he is going to be missed. :cry: lots of hugs and kisses flying around :lol:

Yes, he has been promoted and is going to the Hotel Bali.
I shall def be making a visit to the Hotel Bali, when I go to La Carihuela in June....we've got a date. :lol:

He was having a couple of days off to sort out his personal things and flying out to Malaga later that week....so if things have gone according to plan, he should be there now.

Sanji
Are the bars down the hill still offering 1 euro or 1 euro 20 for a pint?
Hope so!!!
Can anyone tell me if there are any bars outside the hotel so my dad doesn't have to go down the hill for a pint.
There are a couple of bars just outside the hotel which are only slightly down the hill!
there are some bars when you turn left outside the hotel. about a 5 min walk on a level surface (might not even be that) so you dont have to go down the hill.
Nearest going down is the Admiral(may have changed its name)Then the Albatross across the other side,then the Pickwick.Going up you have the Moonlighters,and one with an outside terrace, with a name that escapes me at mo.
Coming out of The Bali and turning left you have, wait for it Pipefitter, Uncle Toms Cabin above Monlighters. On the other side of the road you have El Elefante, All our Yesterdays. Live entertainment every night. Continue up and turn left at the roundabout you are now heading towards Bonanza Square. As the road bears left you have The Bonanza Bar on your left (more entertainment) before crossing over towards Bonanza Square. Loads of bars in there and opposite the church where you will find Bar Ibensa, Bar Espana and many others.

Have to add go down the hill a bit to Pickwicks. Good, fun night out there. :lol:
So is anyone else going to this hotel in the summer?
Yes - 40 of us arrive in various stages from 30 June onwards!!!! Dont worry though, we're not all stayin in the Bali. Im being sensible and going to the Minerva this year. Love the Bali but would need a holiday when we got home!

You cannot fault it for cleanliness, food and entertainment and we will be spending a few days back in there. PS Bottle of wine is only 4or5 euros and if you dont finish it all at dinner, they will label and put in the fridge (or u can take it to the pool) :D

Look out for the Gillespie Clan if you are there between 30 June and 15 July x
40 of you? Blimey, I hope you don't buy in rounds!!! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.