Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Recently returned from Blau and the bars close at various times:-

Pool bar - Closes around 8 - 9 pm unless the entertainment is outside
Lobby bar - Closes at around midnight
Beach bar - Open 24 hours a day

Service in the lobby bar is not all that quick in the evening so here is a HUGE TIP - If you are watching the entertainment in the main indoor stage area in the evening, there is a louvred door halfway along the back wall and inside is a "secret" bar which you get served almost immediately. We didn't find it until about 10 days into our holiday.
Thanks for that tip. It is very helpful. Sorry the repy is a bit late only I have had problems logging on.
Can you tell me what goes on in the Beach Bar at night? Would it be comfortable for a large group of people. Is this the only area where you can sit outside and have a drink.

I am not keen on being inside in the evenings whilst on holiday.

Lorraine
Hi Lorraine,

Not a great deal apart from some music. It's not really a large bar. It has about 30 chairs and about 8 tables. You can sit around the pool bar area at night but when it closes you have to get your drinks from the lobby bar. If the weather is suitable at night they sometimes have the entertainment outside.

The lobby bar is actually quite open so, although inside, it "feels" like you're outside as you can feel the breeze.
Keith,
So the entertainment area has a bar too? Or do you have to go to the lobby for drinks if watching the shows.
Lorraine
The entertainment area has a bar but not many people know about it. It is behind the louvred door along the back wall. You can go there instead of the lobby bar. There are also waiters/waitresses in the entertainment area and the lobby bar if you prefer to use them
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.