Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
If anyone can assist by posting an up-to-date review please do so HERE :tup
Pippy :D
Hi,
My mum + dad stayed in this hotel in October and thoroughly enjoyed themseives.When I visited them I found the rooms to be spacious and bright although I would request a high floor room as the lower floor room balconies are covered by the local vegetation.As for the GC1 I can say that my parents never mentioned any noise from this.I can tell you that this hotel is fairly German oriantated but my parents never found this to be a problem.There is also a free bus service every 45 mins or so to the beach.If you require any more info then feel free to ask. :P
Just to add to what has already been said about the hotel. I cannot remember any air conditioning in the rooms,but then i never spent much time in my room 8)
The British Bar that is in the basement near the restaurant is superb as well.
Hope you enjoy yourself if you go. :D
I've just come back from it. We were moved there 3 days before we left, even though we booked the trip in Sept. They made it sound more attractive cos we went from self catering to half board. I cant believe people enjoyed this place. It was like a step back to the 70's. I go on holiday to get away from people and this place reminded me of Waterloo Station on a monday morning!

The food was no better than school dinners, apart from the xmas day dinner and new years eve gala dinner. That made it even more annoying cos it showed they actually did know what good food looked and tasted like. It was a full on bun fight.

By the pool, the towels were over every single sun bed even though the sign asked people not to. About as useful as Poland having a massive, please dont invade sign, on their border. (I know cheap gag). The bigger pool was like some awful techno rave with music blaring out all day.

The band playing music til 12 midnight nearly every night, then the onslaught as our lovely neighbours arriving home all through the night, shouting off the balcony in language only our royal family would understand. Then the dreaded Norovirus struck and i cant even tell you how awful that was. One by one we fell.

Im sure there are plenty of people who do enjoy this kind of holiday and good luck to them. But if you want piece and quiet this isnt for you. Chuck in a 5 hour delay and 3 hours to check in at the airport on the way out and it was pretty much a nightmare.

Never again!
booked to stay at the Buenaventura hotel Playa Del Ingles
due to flight time changes hopeing that we will be able to keep the room, has anybody stayed here
recently if so what time did you have to vacate your room . we asked at TA and they said there was no option of booking the late room through them and that we would have to do it in resort, any help or advice would be appreciated .

thank you .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.