Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hotel Cala Bona
22 Posts
The nearest is beside hotel Levante 5 min stoll max, about 2 mins further beside Burger King. Cala Millor beach is much larger and will be a 15min slow walk. Have you seen my hubbies pics of Cala Bona on the Photo Galleries.CBG
Thanks calabonagirl I will have a look at hubbies pictures
Hi all,

Going to the cala bona hotel in september, its our honeymoon.
I've read that they have a table sharing system in the dining room, do you think it would be worth emailing the hotel to ask about having our own table or waiting until we get there to make the request

Thanks in advance Jo x
jocross, Most of the hotels I've been to have a similar system or the tables are so close together that you may aswell be sat with each other even if they are classed as a separate. However, there may be some tables that are a bit more private, but if they have an open arrival policy i.e. turn up between 7 and 9, they may not reserve them. I'd email in advance, and then follow it up when you arrive. Louise
I would phone the hotel. Two of the receptionists are English and very helpful. There are quite a few tables for two so I'm sure they will oblige you.
Thanks for your replies.
I will give them a call.

Thanks again.
Hi,

I emailed the hotel yesterday recieved a reply this morning, they said they would be happy for us to have a table for two.

Thanks for your replies. Jo :cheers
friend told me today that the hotel has its own web site. Well, I can't find it. I enter the name and I just get travel cos. Anyone else found it? :que :que
thanks kath, thats the one. I've bookmarked it. :tup
Hi all, well just got back from our honeymoon at the cala bona hotel, had a wonderful time very relaxing. ;)
We got a table just for the 2 of us in the dining room, also we were allocated not just a hotel room but a suite over looking the harbour, we also recieved a bunch of flowers and a card.
Had a great time, would definetly return, i've added a review of the hotel.

Jo
I see the hotel Cana Bona is in differant blocks, is there a better one than others or a way to book that gets you a better one? We were thinking of going for air conditioning plus a sea view any idea where we would be put or any other views on the hotel from experiencor any other hotels of around that standard that is recomended .
:) Question answered correctly below.
  • Edited by jojouk 2009-08-22 14:15:43
If you want a sea view and air conditioned room, you will be allocated in one of two blocks - the one nearest the Hotel Cala Bona is called the Pergola and the other is located just after the Hotel Consul and is called the Cala Azul. I have stopped in both and prefer the Cala Azul as it is quieter at night - there is a 200 yard walk to the Hotel Cala Bona where all meals, entertainment and the pool is located. Hope this is of help - we are off there again next year!!
Hi,
we've got our flights booked for next August and we're thinking of booking the Hotel Cala Bona through Thomson, accommodation only. The price is very reasonable and we were about to book when we noticed that the price was for a room without air conditioning. Personally I do not like using Air conditioning as it makes me feel like I have a cold whenever we have had it on, not having air conditioning will not bother me, I only ever use it if I really have to and even then I don't keep it on for long. The problem is that I have read in some reviews that the rooms at this hotel that don't have air conditioning are the worst rooms in the hotel. :que
Has anybody stayed at this hotel in a room without air conditioning, are the rooms really bad? I've always thought that this is a lovely hotel and I would like to stay there but I do not want to pay an extra £360 for a room with air conditioning that I will not use.

Many thanks
Carol
well i have just done a price check on main site.say two people in aug 2010.with aircon as extra is comes to £28.00.for a week.not £28.00 per day.

just done another check.its £182.00 if you fancy a/c..i would just chance it.you might get a room with aircon.with out paying the extra.or if you not happy.ask for a price when you get to hotel.or buy a fan.use it then sell it on to others.
In addition to any replies here in this topic, you may also pick up some useful info on our reviews page for the Hotel Cala Bona ... please click here.

David :wave
Hi,
thanks for your replies, we were thinking of buying a fan to use instead of the aircon it was just that we had read on a couple of reviews that the rooms without aircon are not nice rooms?

Thanks again

Carol
Just buy a cheap fan at home and leave it unassembled and pack around it - we do that every time we go and then I either take it to one of the 2 second hand shops or leave it with another holidaymaker. Morrisons have got desk fans in for a fiver on clearance at the mo so this is your time to buy.

We stay in apartments without aircon so always rely on fans - only had one year when I felt we could have done with aircon (1999), rest of our stays we've managed fine with a fan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.