Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hotel and diving
13 Posts
Hilton sharks bay have a very well run and friendly dive centre on site http://www.dive-club.com

They have a fabulous house reef there too and a good selection of diving if you dont want to do the hectic boat out of Naama bay every time .

You can either .

Join the large boat out of Naama bay

Do a couple of dives on the house reef . One in the morning and one in the afternoon with normal sunbed and relaxation between.

or their rib boat (think that's what hubby calls it) directly from the jetty to a large range of local dive sites . Again you would do 2 each day (or just the one if you want) and spend between time relaxing at the hotel. normally 1 dive around 9.30-10 and another after 2pm.

hope that helps
lyn
There are such an abundance of dive schools that you dont really need to have one on site. There are a number of good dive schools in Naama Bay, none are far from the hotels..and all dive schools will arrange transport to and from your hotel to the dive school and then down to the jetty and back etc.

I would recommend Oonas Divers and Emporer Divers..both excellent service and good ratio of dive guides/dive masters to people on the boat.

Lyn is right about the chaos on the jetty though in Naama bay first thing....
Thats the one thing hubby hates about sharm val. :( The naama bay dive boat chaos and the often packed dive boats .He often finds all that a bit overwelming .Having said you could be lucky to have the boat to yourselves.

He much prefers life along the coast a bit with an onsite dive school that can provide you with diving using their own rib boats . (those that have them anyway)straight from the jetty to the sites that would normally require the day boats from Naama bay.
Thanks to eveyone for the advice, i just want the sunbathing part I'll let hubby work his diving out, looking forward to going. Just come back from cyprus and hubby loved the diving but would love to dive in egypt. I need the nice hotel.
Actually the same here Ronsan ;) I am the diving widow/mother to a hubby and 3 sons . We go on holiday as a family but I have to accept a few days on my own as part of the process .

Thats another bonus with the set up at the HSB. Obviously some days they may need or want to go on the big boat for the day but there are other options too which would not normally be offered by the hotels and dive centres in naama bay.. having our hubbys disappear for a couple of hours, come back for lunch , relax and then off again is a little more acceptable to us dive widows and from what my own family tell me a lot more relaxing . Sinai dive club who opertate from HSB have their main centre at the hilton Fayrouz (sorry spelling) in Naama bay and those booking there I believe would always have to use the main boats which are often full to the brim with parties of our russian friends .
Love having some time to myself not having to sort other peoples problems out which is what i do at work, having hubby with me is great ,as we both have demanding jobs, it's good to know we can both chill out but still enjoy our time together. Also used to rusky's as we have had to endure them many times in Goa ;) Looking to book one of the Hilton resorts
...well we have booked it - didnt book the hilton went budget as we are only going for a week!!!! We are actually staying at oriental resort in Nabq Bay. Does anyone have any dive school recomendations for this part of Sharm. From what I can see on the hotels web site, they dont have a dive school/facility. Is there one nearby?
the only one I am aware of is Aqua Nabq Dive centre....but I am sure there will be many others.
You should be able to read reviews on http://www.bsacforum.co.uk.
This is a diving site run by divers for divers so you are likely to get the truth. failing that, http://www.yorkshiredivers.co.uk might be able to give you more advice on dive centres in that part of sharm.

Happy diving.
thanks Val for the info, v much looking forward to the experience - R
Once you find a dive centre it's often cheaper to book before you go via the internet typically you get about 10% off.
Also, with Egypt, there are that many centres in competition with each other it is possible to find a good bargain once you get there..or play them all off against each other via email before you get there.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.