Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hotel El Paso
7 Posts
Hi Laudan

We stayed at this hotel on a half board basis, and found the food to be edable at best, it is a buffet for Breakfast, Dinner and Tea and is very repetative, and most of it was COLD. You can book to eat in the Al Carte resteraunt 1 night per week, and you are given a voucher for 10 Euros and if the meal is more than this per person then you have to pay the difference. There was no entertainment at all, and i beleive when there is you have to sit on some uncomfortable stone steps. As for the drinks I cant comment on the all inclusive drinks and what the quality was but i can say that the bar is tiny and i have stood there for over 30 minutes waiting to be served, in the end we stopped going and just bought a bottle of wine to drink on our balcony.
Hiya,

Although we stayed at the El Paso a few years ago I would also second what the previous poster has said and as we were also half board and stayed in non peak season(early May) so can't imagine how all inclusive would work in peak season.

Although I was happy with the hotel in general, bar areas(tiny) and restaurant areas were very poor and could not cope with the number of guests in them and there were constant queues and no seats available. I was not happy at all with the entertainment it was poor and I thought that the steep concrete steps were both very uncomfortable to sit on and dangerous for my young children to be around(as were also the steep grass banks around them).

To sit and chill on comfy seats the only area you had was the indoor reception area. I have got to be honest and say that for the price you can find much better hotels in the Salou area and as I would not recommend the half board option I would be very hard pushed to recommend going all inclusive there.
Thanks to you both for the feed back, think we will give it a miss.
Stayed in this hotel in May AI. There was a lot of choice of drinks yes, but food did get a little repetitive and sometimes wasn't the warmest. Had to queue ages to get food at nights, it was heaving with families and kids and staff were sometimes really slow clearing plates and ordering drinks. The evening entertainment was obviously all focussed on the kids so they had either 2 or 3 shows which rotated weekly. Sesame Street, a puppet show and something else which I didn't take any notice of. It was very poor entertainment, but probably brilliant for kids. Don't get me wrong the hotel is lovely, very clean, beautiful grounds, amazing distance and accessibility to the park but food wasn't top notch at all.
Has anybody been to the El Paso Hotel recently? have the problems of que's at dinner time been sorted? would you recommend the hotel for a family (5 or 6 adults ranging from early 20's to early 50's and a 3 1/2 year old) all like the idea of unlimited entry to Port Aventura.

Any recent info good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks
Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.