Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hotel El Paso
59 Posts
Going to be staying at the El Paso in 4 weeks time (5th June for a week) and wondered if anyone had visited there recently? Have read the hotel reviews page on the El Paso but there's only one recent review. Any fresh info/tips for this hotel would be gratefully appreciated. 8) Also welcome hearing from any families with young children who may be out at the same time as us?

Am I the only one going to the El Paso in June??? Someone reply pleeeease!! :lol:
:D we have got quite a good deal with eclipse direct on 18 october 2005.2 adults 4 children 1 week half board, £1500, we have got 2 rooms, so we have got 2 free child places. the kids only miss 3 days of school, and if we booked for the full half term week,it would have cost £1000 more.so its worth shopping around.hope you all have a good hol and i will look forward to the reviews :) mo
:D we are going to the hotel el paso for i week in october,ive just a few quetions.can residents of el paso use the facillities of the hotel port aventura,because ive heard reports of people not being allowed in by security guards. also what time does the theme park stay open till in october and what will the weather be like? thanks mo :)
Hi Mo! I'm going to the El Paso in 2 weeks time so I'll find out for definite if the residents of El Paso can use Port Aventuras facilities (although I have read somewhere that you can). Opening times for theme park are subject to change but looking at the website the hours for that time of year are 10am till 7pm and later on weekends. For further info the website address is http://www.umresort.com

As for the weather, that's anyones guess. We've been in October before (in 2003) and the weather wasn't great at all - most of our second week was cloudy or raining!! However, I have read other reports and people have had great weather in October. Hope all this info helps! :D
Edited to fix link ... David HT Mod
:D Hi Jackieh
We are also staying at the El Paso on the 5th June but are staying for 2 weeks. We have a 6 boy, and a 4 yr old girl. How old are your children ?We are flying from Gatwick with airtours.

Wendy and paul :wave
:D thanks jakieh,i will look forward to your review.have a good hol mo :)
Hi Wendy & Paul

Thanks for replying - glad to hear from you. We have a 9 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. Been to Salou before but never stayed at one of the theme park hotels so really looking forward to it. Have you been before? Flying with Direct Holidays from Scotland :fly
Thanks Mo!! I'm now counting down the days and driving my kids nuts going on about the holiday - I'm more excited than they are!! :hyper
Hi Jackieh
We haven't been to Salou before and are really looking forward to it. Just hoping that the weather will be good .The only downside is we have a really early flight 05:55 sunday 5th and will probably be there by 08:30, and i don't think you get your room untill 3pm. I think we might go to the park for that day. Can you tell us the best places/parks to visit with young children?
Thanks for getting back to us
Paul &Wendy :wave
God, I thought our flight was early at 07:15!!! We'll get there not long after you. The best places in the theme park for young children are in "Polynesia" and "China". The rides in these areas are more suited to young children. You have the Canoes (which my kids adored!), Waikiki (little swing chairs), Loco-Loco-Tiki. Then in "China" there is a great little area with quite a few rides for younger kids and it has a large play park that is based around the shape of a dragon. If you go onto the Universal Mediterranea website you'll be able to see pictures of most of the rides and get further info. One thing to note is that they operate staggered opening times for parts of the park (at least they did when we visited last time). One thing you must do is the "Buffalo Rodeo" in the Far West Land. It's bumper cars for kids and is one of the funniest things you'll see - little ones trying to steer their bumper cars round the track. Didn't do Costa Caribe water park last time as we went in October and the outside area was closed, but we're hoping to go this time. In Salou itself there are loads of little play areas along the promenade and on the beach. No chance of getting very far on a walk as the kids stop at every one!! We also found another park set off one of the roads in Salou that had a donkey ride carousel (a bit cruel I thought) and it had a couple of little merry-go-rounds there too. Hope all this info helps!
yes thanks for all the information, the rides sound great, maybe we will see you there .
Thanks again
Wendy
Glad to have been of help. If you see an adult on all the kiddy rides, that'll be me - not keen on the faster rides and there's no way you'd get me on Dragon Khan!! Have a great holiday. :wave
Hi

I worked in the el paso last year, and if you are staying at the el paso, you are allowed to use the facilities in the port aventura hotel. Make sure you ask when checking in about the dine around card. This allows you to eat for free at 5 restuarants in the port av hotel and in the park. It gives you a better choice rather than eating in the hotel all the time. The park stays open to 8 in october, but middle-end of october they do up the park/hotel halloween style, at this time the park stays open untill 10 at the weekend, and sometimes during the week. However the park times seemed to vary day to day.
The Weather will b warm in october still, but chilly at nights, just need a jumper though.

hope this has been helpfull, let me no if you need anymore questions answered
Hi Mo! Just back from the El Paso last night. Fab time had by all and I see that Jen22 has answered your query. If you have any other queries just let me know. I'm going to post a hotel review soon when I get more time to myself (unfortunately I've got piles of washing to get done!!!)
:) hi jen and jackeih,thanks for the replies.i just got back from ibiza on sunday morning,so i sympathyse with the washing :cry:look forward to full reviews,but i know that it can take a while to gather your thoughts following a holiday,i havent done my review yet but i will soon.mo
Hi

Does anyone know if you pay your final bill by credit card here or by euros, sterling etc?

Any other info gratefully received, we go on Sunday for 2 weeks.

Juliet
Hi Juliet

I paid by credit card on departure.
Please be sure to check your itemised bill thoroughly. There were items on my bill that I had not purchased. Reception were very good and removed them at once without question.

Have a great holiday

Carolv :wink:
:) hi,does anyone have the e mail adress for the hotel el paso,we are going in october, and i was thinking that it was about time tha i put my room requests in.can any body give me some advice. mo :)
Several separate discussions about El Paso have now been merged in to this single topic. It would assist if members could use this topic for any follow up questions, rather than create a new topic for each enquiry about El Paso.

Many thanks
David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.