Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi ed ... the building works in question did cause some problems last year .. more info here.

You may want to make some enquiries with the agent to establish what stage works will be at during the period of your holiday, and what scale of noise or disruption (if any) is anticipated.

For advice on your rights with regard to building works at or near your holiday accommodation, please click here.

David :wave
edthered,
This has happened to us on two occasions and both times we went to the travel agent and asked for the accomodation to be changed and for Thomson to waiver the admin charges. The first time they did it but the second there was no other alternative accomodation for those dates. So we went on holiday and boy did we regret it. The apts were all being gutted around us so you can imagine the dust and noise. I kicked off big time and we were moved to a different block. We were also compensated £100 each for our troubles, but people who hung on and complained in the UK had the cost of the holiday re-imbursed.
I would say dig your heels in and change holidays even if you have to pay the admin/go somewhere else. It's just not worth the hastle abroad. There will deffo be noise etc for holiday makers going to this hotel.
Hi!!

I am thinking of booking this hotel for 4 nights at the end of feb. I know that there is building work going on nearby, but thomson have got a really good deal on the accommodation.

I am taking my 10 mth old daughter, and wanted to know how much I'd be charged for a cot. Does anyone know? Also, did anyone notice a microwave for use? I am still sterilising at the mo, so one would be very handy.

Also, what is parking like around this area?

Thanks, Sally.
Just returned from the Flamingo the building work is across the road so it is not a problem, there is a microwave in the resturant and you shoud'nt have any trouble parking loads of room on the road outside.
Hi Sheppo.

Thanks for that. Would you recommend this place? I am a benidorm virgin, and there is so much choice!!

I am taking my parents with me (mid 50's), and we all wanted to share, and liked the idea that there is a separate bedroom.

I also have a 4 year old, was there much entertainment going on at this time of year?

Was the food any good?

I will probably book it anyway as its such a good price for AI.

Thanks again, Sally.
Hi Sally

I've been to Flamingo a couple of times and would highly recommend it. It is a really good hotel.

Food is very good

Rooms are very spacious. We were there with our older teenagers and had plenty of room for the 4 of us.

Liz
:wave
Hi everyone1 I've never been to Benidorm as we prefer Greece to Spain. However we're thinking of taking our grandchildren 6 & 4 to the Flamingo Benidorm at Easter. Has anyone been this year? I notice that there is a twin apartment for 4 & one which seems only slightly larger. As we won't spend much time in the room is it worth paying more for the larger room? Also the 6 year old is a really fussy eater - basically ham, fish & chips, & chocolate cake (sounds awful I know) I'd really appreciate some feedback on the food for kids.
Hi Helen .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing FlamingoBenidorm thread, which should provide you with a little more info.

We also have lots of reviews, the most recent one was posted today .. please click here.

Thanks David. I've just read about the building work going on around the hotel. Has anyone any idea if it will be still going on at the beginning of April. I've got such a good price I'm prepared to put up with a little inconvenience from noise.
Helen ... the building works have not been affecting Flamingo Benidorm as much as other properties in the area. However, local by-laws prohibit construction work during Easter week.

Hi all :D

We are staying here in September, here is the email i got from the hotel regarding the bulding work nearby,

Dear Mr Xxxxx,

The building work near to us is across the road, on the Flamingo Playa,
and we hope it will be reopened in May.

Regards,

Ana
Hi all....

Staying here in June and was just wondering if anybody has the e-mail address, as i was just going to request pool views for the 2 rooms we have booked...

Do you think it is worth me requesting or not?!?!?

Thanks in advance

:lol: Emsie :lol:
Hi Emsie, You'll get lots of info from the Marconfort group about their hotels here :-

http://www.marconfort.com/default.aspx?Page=Hoteles&IdHotel=11

We are going for first time on 19th May for 2 weeks.

Baz.
You'll find that all the balconys face towards the pool area.

We've been three times and enjoyed everytime.
Hi,

Thanks for the info, i'll look now...

Hi Baz,

Just looking at that website now and am having problems getting english on this spacific hotel, any ideas why?? I can get english on most others...Do you have this problem?

Cheers

Daft question, but have you clicked the union jack sign (top right of page) ? :lol:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
Yes sanji, you got in before me.
Baz :D
Yeah done that,

Not that daft, haha..... Only some pages will do english and others are just kickin me out when i press it...

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.