Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi we were there in October,beautiful hotel,the room we had was spotless,the food was not really to our taste ,but that could be because it was the last week of the season and they were running low on supplies.The a la carte was really good,but I think you can only go in once a week.
The hotel is a little set back from the beach ,probably takes about 10 minutes to walk there,Pasa Beach hotel is the sister hotel and we were told that we could use their facilities,not sure if we could still get drinks on AI there.It is straight down the road outside the hotel,past a small craft fair in the evenings.There are dolmus that go into Marmaris centre one way and Icmeler the other way,really good mode of transport also very cheap.
There were plenty of sunbeds available whilst we were there but not sure if there would be enough if the hotel was full.Hopefully somebody may be able to tell you about the situation this season.
If you have any questions I will try to help,but we are travelling to Icmeler tomorrow so will not be using the forum much.Hope you have a good time,T.
Many thanks for your reply, very informative. Hope you have a lovely holiday too :)
We have stayed here and was fantastic apparently now you can use Pasa Beach hotel aswell which is only a couple off minutes away right on the beach :cheers

But don't quote me on that lol

Hope you have a fantastic time :sun2
Great sounds good.. will post a review when I get back.
Hi Greshna

Look forward to reading your review, going to Grand Pasa September 23rd on honeymoon so hoping alls good for the new misses :D
Hi I hope you have a lovely honeymoon, I have a good feeling about this hotel and I usually make good choices lol!! If we enjoy it here I can see us going back again and again, like we do to another hotel in Madeira!! Thats when we are not cruising.... I love my hols and :sun2 as soon as I get back I am always looking to book another!!
Thanks for your replies everyone :)
Yoo guys and gals,

Its me again and after going to the Flamingo Oasis in Benidorm Spain in August me and the wife decided today to go somewhere else and choose the Grand Pasa Turkey.

Looking for feedback, comments etc and answers to the following.

1) Can we upgrade the rooms, in Benidorm we had a suite (VIP) is there such a thing here?
2) Are there any shops, clubs etc within walking distance?
3) Are the rooms loud from any music at nights?
4) Whats the best part of the hotel to stay in?
5) Whats the low life like (pick pockets etc) do we have to watch out for some people and watch our backs in some places?
6) What the traveling time from airport to hotel?
7) Going all inclusive (again) do we have to pay for anything like drinks etc?

Well thats it for now, chat soon.

Regards,

Brian
Hi,we were there last year,I will answer some of your questions for you:
1.don't know
2.Plenty
3.Not in October
4.We asked for,and got,pool view
5.We didn't have any problems at all
6.It is quite a long transfer,about two and a half to three hours,with a comfort stop on the way,we quite enjoyed the journey when it was light,we went to Icmeler this year and the transfer was a little longer,it was an airconditioned coach so comfortable and cool.
When are you going?
Thanks for the reply Oscarben, we are going on the 29th Oct to 6th Nov.

Regards
Hope you have a really good holiday,if you haven't already been,Ephesus was a great day out.We would like to go again ,maybe next year as we are going to Icmeler again in September.We found August too hot this year,it was great for sunbathing but too hot for sightseeing during the day.
When is the end of the hotels season and are the shops etc still open between the 29th Oct and the 6th Nov?

Also, are there any safes in the rooms?

Regards.

PS,

What are the suites like, the hotel emailed me and said a upgrade to a suite costs £40 a night, anyone know if they do it cheaper?
Hi Realist,not sure when the season finishes,some of the smaller shops were closing when we were there from October 23rd last year.Lots of bargains about,though.
We had a 3bedded room,only there for a week and it was big enough for us,we didn't look at the suites,it was our 4th holiday so we were on a budget.There was a safe and a fridge in our room.Pool towels were available,think we had to pay a deposit though but can't remember how much.Booked trips with BB travel and got a really good deal,used them again this year,their office is just past Migros and Mc Donalds on the main road .Hope this helps,T.
well will find out soon enough.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
You're welcome,please let us know what you think of the hotel when you get back,T.
Just received the booking confirmation from Thomas cook and Im not a happy chappy.

Booked a 7 night holiday and flying on the 29th Oct and not getting in the hotel until the 30th, but TC says we vacate the room before 12 noon on the Friday the 5th and our last night stay is the Thursday which is the 4th.

If thats the case then we land and use the hotel on the 30th Saturday and our last nights stay is Thursday 4th Nov.

I make that as in actual nights stay 6 not 7?

In hotel Sat 30th early hours.
Have 30th, 31st, 1, 2nd, 3rd and 4th thats 6 nights not 7 and we are expected to vacate the room at 12 noon Friday and hang around until our flight time which is in the early hours of Saturday morning?

Last day Friday we'll have no room, no food and no where to stay.

Cheesed off big time :(
We had worse than that last year,arrived at the hotel early hours of Saturday morning,about 5am and had to leave for the airport just after breakfast the following Friday,unfortunately the hotel counts that arrival time as the first night.As we wanted to fly from our local airport we had no choice but to accept it.Think you'll still be able to eat at the hotel,you could ask about a late check out room,they may not charge much,failing that I believe there are showers in gym that you can use,try e-mailing the hotel to ask.T.
Have emailed the hotel and waiting for a reply.

Will also complain to Thomas Cook because as far as Im concerned the Saturday morning arival is my booking in and that night is my first nights stay therefore its Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri thats 7 nights in my mind.

Thanks.

Regards.
No respose from the hotel but Thomas Cook says "If you are travelling on a night flight and arriving early in the morning your room is booked from Midday from the day you travel so you can enter the room upon arrival. This enables you on arrival to check in straight away rather than wait until 2pm to check in. If you contact the hotel prior to arrival or advise the hotel when you arrive that you would like a late check out room they will try there best for you however this is down to the hotels discretion and you may need to pay for this locally".

Owe well.
That'ts the downside of evening departures...(and early hours arrivals..)

ATB,J.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.