Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
E-Mail:
director_comercial@jacaranda-hotels.es

C/ Bruselas 4-6. 38670
Playa de Fanabe. Costa Adeje.
Tenerife - Canary Islands. Spain
Tel.: +34 922 71 22 27
Fax: +34 922 71 20 98
Hi wondering if anyone can give me a hand in choosing between these two all inclusive hotels.

Iv'e read some reviews and the bahia looks simply breathtaking but will it be a case of groundhog day or should I go forthe better located Jacaranda

If anyone has stayed in the two could you please email your preference.
Also any . Could you also email me if youve come across a really reasonable site that I could book it with.

Cheers
Nicky :?:
We have stayed in the Jacaranda 5 times, we go in March, its a really good hotel, we only go half board, read about it on the hotel reviews, i cant comment on the other hotel, The Adeje Palace is meant to be very good H10 hotel.
Hello Susan,
Thanks for your comments, I'll check out the adeje palace, see what the prices are like.
thanks again
nicky
We stayed at the Bahia Principe in May last year and are going back in August. Both times booked through http://www.direct-holidays.co.uk but also check out http://www.mytravel.com looks the same but includes the other Airtours companies such as Panorama etc. It worked out cheaper for us than booking everything separately.

We enjoyed the isolated location as we were after a relaxing week, although you could get into Playa easily enough, either by bus (free or about 2-3 euros return) or taxi (about 15 euros).

:D
Hi thanks for both sites i'll check them out.

nicky
We have just stayed at the Bahia Principe for 3 nights and we are now at Riu Adeje. At Riu we got 3 bad rooms before getting an acceptable one though. I think the Bahia may have spoiled us a little too.

The AI was good, food good, only complaint was it wasn't very hot sometimes. Location quiet, but we knew we were coming closer to PDLA for our other 4 nights.

We're now near Jacaranda, and that location is good. There's an excellent restaurant in the El duque comm centre I think, it's called San Marco fantastic pasta and very Italian tasting. I had Penne Arrabiate and hubby had Gnocchi sorrentina. Excellent, going back there tonight!

Will try to help more on my return i'm in an internet place just now quickly.
Hi Lesley :wave

Didn't think you could be back yet :lol:

Enjoy the rest of your holiday :D
We had two weeks in Tenerife last easter and spent the first week in the Bahia Principe and the second week in the H10 Costa Adeje Palace.

The Bahia is a beautiful hotel with lovely pools and gardens, plus the all-inc worked very well (except for the scratchy wrist bands). Rooms were very spacious (we had a junior suite in the Tenerife section). However it was let down by the evening entertainment which was poor, plus there was no all-inc in the entertainment square, so people tended to stay in the main bars. Other problem is the location which is isolated, though give it a few years and Playa Paraiso will be a bustling little resort in it's own right.

The H10 is better positioned at the very end of the PDLA prom. Short walk to Caletta (quite nice and good beach bar on the way) or the other way the Duque with a superb beach. Evening entertainment was good, as was the food. But small, noisy rooms and poor pool design (no shallow ends in any of them and dangerous restaurant columns) let this hotel down. It's a shame, because it could have been a real flagship resort for H10.

I've walked past the Jacaranda but never stayed or been in. Seems to get good reviews though and is very popular with families due to it's large standard rooms.
hi there

We stayed in the Jacaranda 2 years ago when it was half board (dont thinkg there was an option of all inclusive).

We had two kids with us age 3 and 5 and this is what we summed it up.

Location - great area with a good (although black sand) beach to the right outside Del Duque cost of two beds and a parasol per day 15 euro.

Pools. The top childrens pool was ideal for our 2 small children (but would be no good now as they are a bit older) the adults pool was just too deep and shaded. the bottom pool - we only went in there once and it is very dangerous for children. the deep and shallow part are not separated by a wall, they just had a loose rope across the pool, so one minute the children are in at there knees the next they have slid down the steep part into the deep bit so beware! we heard a real horror story about one of the kids was in the kids club and they went for a paddle and went too far back and ended up in the deepend.

Drinks are very expensive.

there was such a funny set up with the Italians. We preffered the upstairs pool for the kids but this seemed to be dominated by the Italians where they had morning activities like salsa or dress up or some other weird and wonderful event. there was no other nationality asked to join in. Also of an evening they had their own entertainments room which was a horrible stuffy room with no windows or air conditioning where they had their own evening entertainment/bingo or what ever.

Kids mini disco was ok, my kids enjoyed it even if they didnt know half the words to the funny little foreign rhymes or dances and i have read somewhere the entertainment team did not involve british kids but when we were there they definately did and they did speak english.

In my opinion this hotel is not geared for children (unless it has changed since going all inclusive). there was no childrens food put out on the buffet, you had to order this separately from a separate menu when you arrived in the dining room.

Hope this helps. have not been to the Bahia but the thing that put me off from booking although looking absolutely gorgeous is the fact it seems too far away from anything.

Good luck
hi my husband has booked to go to the Jacaranda AI for a week in june. Ive read mixed reviews can anyone tell me about the hotel good or bad, also what sort of weather is june thanks xx
can someone please tell me if they have a web site and if so what is the address. thanks
thanks web site isnt that good.
Hi, can anyone vouch for the type of beachs that are close to the hotel, the site itself looks amazing and it appears to have great reviews on lots of web sites however I have not managed to find any mention of beaches?

can anyone help?

cheers :lol:
The Jacaranda is a short distance (walking) to the excellent Fanabe Beach. Lovely beach, good facilities - watersports, plenty of bars/restauarants & shops on the front. Or should you want a posh beach, El Duque beach is a few minutes further away. :D
cheers mate, been reading lots of reviews and everyone seems to like the place although a few have said that the Isla Bonita next door is better and more friendly towards the english?

Anyone any experiences of this??

cheers
Has anybody recently visited this hotel on an all inclusive basis? If so could you tell me if the A.I. package includes snacks and afternoon meal? As we are considering booking this hotel for summer 2008 and going A.I. any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, we've read on various review sites about the restricted times for evening meals( 2 quarter hour slots?). Are they really this strict?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.