Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
:D Hi Pat and Andy

Im sure you will have a great time its a lovely hotel

Just rememember if you get a rom at back of Hotel ask to be moved to front the view is much better

At the back you look out onto the hills, the food is lovely and entertainment is great.

Also there have a laundrette which used to be free but you pay 2 euros now for a big washer and 2 euros for dryer but with the dryer you get 50min dryeing time also soap powder is free.

Hope yo have a brilliant time
I agree, request a room at the front of the hotel.

We visited twice when the children were smaller and having a room at the front meant that when the kids went to bed, we could sit on the balcony with a drink and watch the outside entertainment - which was bliss :glynis

Carol :sun
Hi there,

We are looking at this hotel for next year, does anyone know if the hotel has a kids club as on here it says it dosnt yet the reviews says it does :hmmm

Also what are the rooms like for a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids who will be 8 and 6)

Many thanks.

Rob 8)
hi we got back last saturday mytravel informed us there would be no kids club but there was one run by hotel entertainment team (they work very hard ) lots of things to join in with if you like, hotel was good clean and staff were great. the only down side was that our rep laura wasnt very helpful we booked a tour for inca market and formentor on the leaflet it said food and drink included which it was not we only found this out when told at formentor to pay for lunch before collecting from restaurant which was the only one there we did not have enough time to queue as there was a lot of tours there and would still be in queue when it was time to leave, we told our rep that we didnt get lunch inc she then informed us it was the wrong info printed we felt ripped off she should have told us this before we booked
so double check whats inc in tours if you book cos these tours are being offered by all mytravel reps in majorca.
Thanks Holqueen

Glad you enjoyed your stay it looks like we will be going next year.

Rob 8)
Hi Pat and Andy here
We arived home yesterday,the hotel is as everyone else said spotlessly clean.We were also impressed with the food they cater for everyone and you never sit down to a dirty table,The pool is on the small side but there is another one on the island were it is quieter and has a bar and a snack bar. I would recomend a taxi ride to the old town it cost us 7 euroes and it has nice little streets and shops and bars to visit.The hotel gets 8 out of 10 from us.
jubileepat :lol: :lol:
Hi, were going here in July. Large family group - me and hubbie and young children, sister and her family with teenagers and my mum and dad so quite a mixed group! We've ben to Alcudia before to the contreversial Bellevue and loved it!! Is anyone else going this year - or anyone got any hints or tips?! How hard is it to get a sunbed by the pool? :wink: !
We did a fortnight at the Lagomonte in July 2004.

We thought it was a great little hotel. The kids were crying when we had to leave. The entertainment team I just wished it was them again in Cyprus last year. Neeley and co do a great job.

The only thing I really did not like about this hotel was the snack pool bar. I am afraid that the hotels food did not much good for my appetite. I was unfortunate to come down with sickness and diarrhea but luckily it was on my final day. I put it down to sun stroke though.
It does get really hot here.

If the food improved and the Alcohol stayed strong I wouldn't mind returning to this hotel All inclusive again.
From reading a few of the reviews on the Lagomonte, i get the impression that the pool wasnt big enough for the amount of guests staying at the hotel, but another post said the pool was to be extended for the 2006 season. Does anyone know if this has happened, or have a comment on the pool size if it hasnt changed. We are going in August when the hotel will be at its busiest, and just worry about our children playing in the pool if it is mobbed.?!
What date are you going? I'm going on Saturday for 2 weeks so I'll let you know when I get back if you havent already left!! 4 sleeps !! xx
We leave on the 4th August, so if you are back before then and get chance to update me, that would be fantastic.
Have a great time!!
We are thinking of booking up for this hotel next October (what can I say, I like to book in advance!).
The reviews werent very convincing, but sometimes people can go over the top sometimes. Our daughter will be 4 next year and will want to go to the childrens club. Are the childrens clubs good in october at this hotel, and what times do they normally run? Do they have childrens mini discos on the night-time? Weve been to C'an Picafort but never to Alcudia, and last year C'an picafort had almost shut down when we were there in october, is Alcudia the same? really quiet in October?
Would appreciate any help advice about the hotel itself and the surrounding area for that time of year. I know the weather can be unpredicatable too, but last year in C'an picafort the weather was perfect.
Thanks
Slinky
Can't help with Lagomonte, but as for Alcudia in October, if you come in the last two weeks you may find that a number of places have closed. Up to the middle of October, the majority of places stay open though some do close end of September. Generally there should be more going on than Can Picafort, the port area of Alcudia in particular will be still all functioning till end October.
Hi we are visiting this hotel shortly and I have seen very mixed reviews. Part of me is wondering just what we are letting ourselves in for. Is anyone able to put my mind at ease :) .
Hi Christine,

Do not worry - I returned from this hotel on saturday and had one of the best holidays I have ever had. Would not hesitate to reccomend this hotel to anyone and will dfinatley be going back. This is the same opinion of everyone in our family group which ranged from 3 - 63!! Rooms were fine - maids are brilliant. Hotel is VERY clean. Food was best we've experienced in a 3star abroad all the food and drink you can consume from the moment you wake up untill midnight. Pool is a bit on the small side. Entertainment crew are very hard working and friendly - some of the shows arent the best - I would give the spanish dancers a miss! any further questions please feel free to ask x
The reviews on this site seem really good for this Hotel, has anyone been there in September? What is the mosquito situation like at this time of year? With this hotel being near the lake I was a little concerned!
Bobby
Hi we have recently returned from alcudia, we stayed at the bellevue but went past the lagomonte on a horse ride, the mozzys are really bad all around that area simply due to the lake.
The lagomonte seemed to be fairly well away from mose things too, it was an option for us but after seeing where it was situated i wouldnt stay there.
hope ive been of some help
regards
Thanks for that Steve & Claire, may leave after all.
Bobby
hi
your welcolme, it all depends what you what from your holiday, if the beach is not your thing and your happy staying onsite then the lagomonte would probably be good, we however love the beach, it was a good walk from the bellevue and would be even further from the lagomonte, maybe the lagomonte have courtesy transport to and from the beach though, i dont know, i just remember thinking the hotel was quite a way from everything.
claire
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.