Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Thanks for that, did you have problems with mosquitoes we are planning on September? This is one of my partners mine concerns, the other write ups all seem to be favourable. Were just after a relaxing time, so may just be taking little walks, like yourselves we like to look in the shops on the way to the beach.
Bobby
hi bobbyjo
we didnt have a problem with mozzies i had a plug-in in the room i didnt spray any repellent and i didnt get bit once which is unusual for me as i usually get bit loads one of our group did have a problem with ants in their room but this was sorted after powder was left down for a couple of days not a sign of dirtiness as it is a common problem in majorca or any other hot place, if you need any more info let me know :D
The Lagomonte was our first experience of going AI. This was in 2004.
We had a great first week and were planning then of returning. The second week became a bit repetitive with food and battling for a table in the entertainment area!
Though I must admit we had a great time. The hotel entertainment team are still the best we have ever seen up to even now (meaning as in hotel own enetrtainment/kids club).
They are also great in persuading you to join in the daytime activities.
It's not a bad hotel, though We didn't rate the snack bar much.
It is all about what you are used to really. I mean since our visit here we have stayed in some lovely AI hotels which make the Lagomonte look pretty poor, but at that time we knew no better, so it didn't bother us.
We had a good time though.
wife and i took our two grandchildren (8 and 10)there last september rooms clean but basic, unfortunetely room by stairs and lifts so it was noisy. wife and i usually go alone so it was a shock to the system to have kids running around and their parents not taking any notice.food was better than i expected for the price we paid and the drinks variety was also good.it was disapointing to see the lounge area so close to the childrens pool table/slot machine area,unfortunetely the people who required a little peace for a coffee etc got screaming kids running around,whilst their parents drunk themselves to oblivion outside oblivious to it all.the entertainment was also better than we expected and the bingo if its your sort of thing, is well supported.the island across the road has a pool and a snack bar which was a little quieter during the day.as for mozzies we did not personally have a problem albeit near to a large area of water,the beach is a good walk away but has nice white sand.all things considered good value busy family hotel,and smaller than some of the larger all inclusive hotels which is why some return here .
Thanks for all your advise, may decide to give it a go as price was really good.
Bobby
Hi to everyone
we are thinking of booking the Hotel lagamonte In Alcudia for nexr May
has anyone stayed at this Hotel please ?? I have read the reviews but i would like someone to comment on here if that is okay please
We are taking my Sister with us it is the first time she has been AI ~~ She is a Coelaic so understandably we are trying to find out as much as we can about this place
Thank you
x
Hi,

we have booked this hotel for 2 weeks next August, it has been highly reccomended by a friend of mine who stayed there this August. The hotel was spotless clean, the food and drink was good and they could always get a sunbed.

Carol
we are back in alcudia a week on sunday 29th staying at the hotel lagomonte all inclusive never been all in before so hope i like it. have been to alcudia before may 2005 has any one stayed at this hotel this season yet and what was it like and what are the prices for a local larger in the resort now as we will still be out and about at night. used to go to a little bar just over the hump back bridge it was on the left inbetween some shops does any one know if its still open it was owend by a spanish man but an english girl from yorkshire worked there it was small but very friendly

cheers the fatboy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.