Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Johnj .... just in case you haven't read our reviews, you can find them HERE.

David :wave
Could anyone please confirm what is happening at the madeira centro regarding building works, I have heard that both patvement ork and the holel is being done up, could anyone clarify this for me please.

Cheers

Jamie
We are in resort until the 18th. We were in the Madeira for a drink this week, and saw no work being done in the actual hotel itself. However the apartment block outside the hotel is having work done and the road is closed outide the hotel for something major, its fenced off so you can't see what stage this work is at. As both of these works are in front of the hotel pool you may have some disruption regarding noise etc. but I could not say for definite.
Hi Jamie ... the road outside the hotel (Calle Esperanto) has been closed for several months between Avenida Mediterraneo and Calle Gerona. I understand that this was to allow installation of various utility services below the surface, as well as some new construction on an adjacent corner. The bus terminus normally situated on this stretch of road had been temporarily removed further along Calle Esperanto. The proposed completion date given for these works was early to mid June, so perhaps we may soon have some feedback from recent visitors to the hotel as to the current situation.

I believe that Hotel Madeiro Centro also undertook various works during this period, I have no idea if that was a result of what was happening directly outside, or if they were just taking advantage of the road being closed at the time.

Perhaps we might get some up to date feedback on that too, either here on this page or on our Madeiro Centro hotel reviews page.

We stayed in Madeira Centro 26th May - 1st June. There is work going on at another building in front of hotel however it did not disrupt our holiday in the least. The pool area is on the first floor and during our stay any noise heard was minimal and at that stage they were starting to fit some windows, the work is well underway. At other hotels I have stayed in there has been more noise from guests round the pool than there was here from building works, quite a few people could be seen to be having a wee siesta including myself at times so don't worry it will be fine. We really enjoyed our stay, food was great and hotel spotless.No noise at night, we slept really well, most guests were older and a lot of Spanish guests. If ballroom dancing is your thing that is a exciting as the entertainment gets but the bar is lovely and you can always go out. Enjoy your stay I would go back tomorrow !
It was mentioned earlier that the proposed date for completion of these works was originally given as early/mid June. However, I have noticed that some accommodation suppliers are warning that the situation may last until January 2006.

We returned last Saturday. The road outside the hotel is Finished on one side and the scaffold was still up at the building outside. There has been some work done where the ouside bar at the pool was but externally this looks finished.
Hi There,

I was just wondering if anyone had stayed att he hotel madeira centre and if they can commenton the food. I was mainly wondering if they did freshly cooked meats for example steam, lamb ect? i have been to other hotels and enjoyed show cooking?

Hope you can help

Thanks

Neil
Hi Neil ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic about the hotel. You can also read our reviews on the following page:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-blanca/benidorm/madeira-centro-hotel/

Food was excellent during our stay in May/June. Breakfast was the usual choice bacon, egg, sausage etc or a wide selection of croissants, cereal, yogurt, freshly sqeeezed orange juice all delicious. At dinner there was usually a choice of 4/5 meat or fish dishes while not cooked infront of you these were well presented and hot. They were checked regularly and hot trays refilled. The salad bar was excellent, with prawns, salmon,pasta and rice salads, pickle, all fresh and very tasty. Lunch was similar , some days there was paella. I am not that keen on the deserts but my husband sampled quite a few and really enjoyed them!The fresh fruit was superb,mountains of strawberries some nights, fresh cherries, melon, pineapple, I don't think you will be disappointed. Gala night was Friday- that's not to be missed, the salmon was to die for! Enjoy!

We are travelling to the Hotel Maderio Centro in Benidorm in October is their anyone been their please?

Thanks

Westie
Hi Westie ... you will find a link to the Madeira Centro reviews page in my earlier posts.

Just got back from a return visit (also went at Easter)Hotel was as good as ever no complaints, used shuttle direct from airport great service, returned using the express bus service 7 Euros each, again no problems can reccomend if your flight times fit in with timetable.road works outside Hotel not finished but no disturbance, road now open half width.
Hi does anyone have the E Mail address for the Madeira Centro hotel in Benidorm.Many Thanks.

Steve
email: reservas@madeiracentro.com

weblink: http://www.madeiracentro.com/index_e.htm

Robby :wink:
Thanks very much Robby.
Anyone know of any good deals to this hotel on September please.
Thanks
Westie
I got a great price on this hotel for Xmas this year through Travel Republic.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.