Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Rosie

We have some reviews HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi
stayed at this hotel sept 2004. Location is brilliant right on the beach and
quiet. hotel very clean. Rooms ok but no space when campbed put down.
you may be lucky and get a bigger room. Food adequate, can get very crowded in restaurant. Childrens food section ok although my son wasnt happy when i tried to forcefeed him cauliflour in batter thinking it was chiken nuggets allbeit very small ones. Have a great holiday
We stayed here a few years ago and we are going again this year (end of July)
It's a really nice hotel and great for the beach, It has guests of all Nationallities so the entertainment is done in about 5 languages which can be quite funny. One of the languages was Russian when we went!!!
The restaurant was self serve and there was always enough to eat! You usually have to queue for a few minutes to be shown a table and the men had to wear long trousers!
Even though it says you are in Cambrills you are actually a good 45mins -1 hour walk from Cambrills town centre and about 30 minutes from Salou town centre!

If you want any more info just let me know!

Lee
Hi does anyone know the email address for the Maritim Princess? I found an old one but it got returned as unknown!
Cheers
Lee
Hi,

My family (2kids 5 and 8, wife) and myself arelooking at going here next May, can any one give me any info on the place?

I have read the reports but there is not much mention about location, pool, kids activaties or evening entainement on there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
S Jackson
We got back from here on Saturday. The hotel is well-maintained and clean. The guests were from many different countries (Spain, France, Germnay, Holland and Russia) but the percentage of British was way down on our last visit. We don't mind the mix of guests but as there were so few British families it was difficult for our daughter to find other kids to play with.

There were activities run by the hotel but they were a bit hit and miss - they didn't seem bothered if you took part or not. When we went previously the staff came round and tried to get everyone involved and were much more fun.

Evening entertainment was poor and seemed to run on a one week cycle, everywhere we have been before has been a two week cycle. Evening entertainment was preceded by a short kids disco and sometimes a game of bingo or a raffle - the top prize was a t-shirt from the hotel! The entertainment included a Flamenco show, Duo Tropikal a music act, another music act, a karaoke night, some Chinese acrobats and an Abba Tribute that I can remember. The music acts played older tunes so that guests could dance the samba and stuff to. Entertainment finished about 11.30 and then they played music (usually Phil Collins and the like) until midnight. We went out most evenings for walks, shopping in Salou and up to Port Aventura.

The hotel has a handful of shops nearby and also a few bars. It is about 15 - 20 mins walk to Salou Port, 30-40 mins walk to Salou centre and about an hour to Port Aventura. Cambrils is about an hours walk the other way. Buses pass to Salou about every 20 mins. Buses to Aventura and Cambrils are half hourly. You can also get buses to Tarragone and Barcelona as well. Bus stop to Salou is outside the hotel and to Cambrils is outside the supermarket on the opposite side of the road.

The local bus company runs trips to Barcelona for sightseeing, shopping, Nou Camp and fountains. You pick these up at the bus stop and the drop you back. We went on one of these and founf it great value for money. The local guide was very knowledgeable and fun.

The food was not as good as last time we went. There was quite a lot of choice but it was not very warm. Some things were cold. My wife struggled to eat as she is picky about things being cooked and hot - in the end she gave up attempting the "hot" food. There were, for example, some nice looking steaks one evening but the best cooked one was, at best, medium which obviously wasn't to everyones tastes. In two weeks the potato choice was chips every night with boiled potatoes on two occasions. Needless to say we were sick of luke warm chips. The pudding choice was great and there was always lots of fresh fruit on offer e.g. pineapple, apples, bananas, ornages, cherries. If you go half board you can opt to eat at lunch rather than evening meal which is useful if you are planning to go on a trip or for the evening at Aventura.

Be warned the beach outside the hotel has coarse grained sand and where you go into the sea it is very pebbly and you can't see the bottom. This gave us a bit of a shock when you realise it is quite a steep incline when you first get in - not the easiest thing when you can't see where you are putting your feet. We found the pebbly bit very sharp on our feet and quite unpleasant. The beach itself gets extremely busy all the way along quite early in the morning with either the local families or those who have holiday homes on the coast.
just back last night ,stayed at the apartments next door ran by same hotel
(mas den gran) and you can use all the maritim`s facilities

Chivas69 has it about spot on really
we noticed the beach very busy up till about 2pm then everybody seemed to disappear ,also got very windy every afternoon about that time ,which was better for the kids as it was making bigger waves

Chivas69 ..the entertainment was awful wasnt it ? oh apart from them acrobats
the best bit was when it rained and forced the abba tribute band to finish early haha

one thing i will say though was compared to costa blanca it was expensive to eat and drink
Funny thing, the only day it rained when we were there was when we went to Barcellona and we missed it. We had very light rain in Barcellona and when we arrived back in Salou there were floods everywhere!
That was the Thursday night!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.